frogplant
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I've already got a few unis in mind that have entry requirements of ABB-BBB. Are there any with BCC or CCC, or around that? I doubt it but just wondering. For extra choices to fill up the 5
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
University of Nottingham
Modern Languages
BA (HONS) 4 YEARS FULL-TIME 2021
UCAS Points: 104-141

University of Bath
Modern Languages
UCAS Points: 104-136

Aberystwyth University
Modern Languages
BA (HONS) 4 YEARS FULL-TIME WITH TIME ABROAD 2021
UCAS Points: 104-120

Will that do?

(Ok, a few more..... :-)

Birkbeck, University of London, Camden
Modern Languages (French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish)
BA (HONS) 3 YEARS FULL-TIME 2021
UCAS Points: 104-128

UCLAN, Preston
Modern Languages (French and Korean)
UCAS Points: 104-112

De Montfort, Leicester University
Media and Communication with French
UCAS Points: 104

finally, 32 points?
University of Hull
Applied Modern Languages (3 years)
UCAS Points: 32-112
OL12345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by frogplant)
I've already got a few unis in mind that have entry requirements of ABB-BBB. Are there any with BCC or CCC, or around that? I doubt it but just wondering. For extra choices to fill up the 5
LuigiMario gave a pretty amazing list, I would just add Bangor for the sheer variety of courses (you can do up to 3 languages, or a language with another subject).
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just be aware that where the points are a 'range' - 104-136 points - that most offers will be at the high end and only contextual offers at the low end. And that most of the Unis mentioned above are GRADES Unis and want specific grades not points-totals.
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes, that’s taken from historic data, my post was intended for you to do further research at these universities individual website. Aberystwyth is, however, similar to UWS Paisley in being very welcoming and rather less worried about grades, they seek to help all students learn.

In normal years (and later 2021 might be more normal) there’s always the chance to have the adjustment/clearing as an ultimate backup.

(There’s also CAO.ie for another ten university choices, in Ireland, if you need more backups!)
frogplant
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by LuigiMario)
University of Nottingham
Modern Languages
UCAS Points: 104-141

University of Bath
Modern Languages
UCAS Points: 104-136

Aberystwyth University
Modern Languages
BA (HONS) 4 YEARS FULL-TIME WITH TIME ABROAD 2021
UCAS Points: 104-120

Will that do?

(Ok, a few more..... :-)

Birkbeck, University of London, Camden
Modern Languages (French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish)
UCAS Points: 104-128

UCLAN, Preston
Modern Languages (French and Korean)
UCAS Points: 104-112

De Montfort, Leicester University
Media and Communication with French
UCAS Points: 104

finally, 32 points?
University of Hull
Applied Modern Languages (3 years)
UCAS Points: 32-112
thank you so much for this! genuinely very grateful !!
Bangor Uni
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there,

It's great to see that you're keeping your options open. At Bangor University we have a range of different courses and languages available, you can see all of our entry requirements on our website.
I hope this helps a little, and if you have any questions about the University or the courses I would be happy to help

Anna
UCLan Student
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
thank you so much for this! genuinely very grateful !!
Hi @frogplant,
Glad to see UCLan on the list suggested by @Luigimario and just wanted to let you know the entry requirements for BA Modern Languages 2021/2022 entry are 104 - 112 UCAS Points (including the language you are doing) but you can find all the information you require and/or explore other courses here.

Additionally, if you want to know more about uni life at UCLan an what it’s like to live in Preston then be sure to ask away as I’m a recent UCLan graduate.

Best wishes in your UCAS application,
Amarachi
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi frogplant,

I am a 3rd year student here at Aberystwyth and I am really enjoying studying here. Aberystwyth is a great place to be a student, there is a great feel to the town and there is always plenty to do and see. The University has a very friendly and welcoming feel and has even been named Welsh University of the Year for 2020 in The Sunday Times Good University Guide. The teaching quality is very high, The Sunday Times Good University Guide has been named the University of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for Teaching quality.

The entry requirements at Aberystwyth University are 104-120 UCAS points. Aberystwyth is one of a handful of universities in the UK that offers students the opportunity to combine the study of three languages, two of which will not require prior knowledge. You can choose from among French, Italian, German and Spanish depending on the pathways you wish to take.

Looking at the modules offered at each university is a really good way of comparing the courses to see which may interest you more. This is something I did when comparing universities when I applied and definitely helped me make my decision. It may also be worth looking at how each course is assessed, to compare which style of assessment may suit the way you work best. Rankings are useful to look at, but it is also important to think about how the course is suited to your interests and what you are going to get out of it.

The town is well known for being a very safe place to live and has a very friendly atmosphere attracts many students here, including myself. Although Aberystwyth is a small town the nightlife is great, there a lot of pubs as well as cocktail bars and two clubs. It is very reasonably priced, especially when compared to a lot of the cities. There are lots of cafes and shops, as well as several supermarkets (Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, M&S and Iceland) that are all very accessible. There is plenty to do in the surrounding area as well with Snowdonia National Park on the doorstep and Birmingham, Cardiff and Shrewsbury are very accessible for a day trip.

I hope this helps with your decision; I am happy to help with any further questions you may have 😊

Rebecca
frogplant
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador)
Hi frogplant,

I am a 3rd year student here at Aberystwyth and I am really enjoying studying here. Aberystwyth is a great place to be a student, there is a great feel to the town and there is always plenty to do and see. The University has a very friendly and welcoming feel and has even been named Welsh University of the Year for 2020 in The Sunday Times Good University Guide. The teaching quality is very high, The Sunday Times Good University Guide has been named the University of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for Teaching quality.

The entry requirements at Aberystwyth University are 104-120 UCAS points. Aberystwyth is one of a handful of universities in the UK that offers students the opportunity to combine the study of three languages, two of which will not require prior knowledge. You can choose from among French, Italian, German and Spanish depending on the pathways you wish to take.

Looking at the modules offered at each university is a really good way of comparing the courses to see which may interest you more. This is something I did when comparing universities when I applied and definitely helped me make my decision. It may also be worth looking at how each course is assessed, to compare which style of assessment may suit the way you work best. Rankings are useful to look at, but it is also important to think about how the course is suited to your interests and what you are going to get out of it.

The town is well known for being a very safe place to live and has a very friendly atmosphere attracts many students here, including myself. Although Aberystwyth is a small town the nightlife is great, there a lot of pubs as well as cocktail bars and two clubs. It is very reasonably priced, especially when compared to a lot of the cities. There are lots of cafes and shops, as well as several supermarkets (Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, M&S and Iceland) that are all very accessible. There is plenty to do in the surrounding area as well with Snowdonia National Park on the doorstep and Birmingham, Cardiff and Shrewsbury are very accessible for a day trip.

I hope this helps with your decision; I am happy to help with any further questions you may have 😊

Rebecca
I actually just applied to Aberystwyth!! thanks for all the extra info!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (280)
56.68%
I don't have everything I need (214)
43.32%

Watched Threads