The Student Room Group

Cant do gcse resit cus school closed

hi i have my gcse resit for biology and chemistry this week but my school is closed and is not allowing a student in as it would break the transmission for covid as my school is having a deep clean I've contacted my school they said I'm not allowed to go in idk what to do
Reply 1
That is terrible, what day are your exams? contact the exam board first thing in the morning.Your school should help you make alternative arrangements with another school maybe. Hope it gets sorted for you.
Original post by Labbern
That is terrible, what day are your exams? contact the exam board first thing in the morning.Your school should help you make alternative arrangements with another school maybe. Hope it gets sorted for you.

I was just about to say this myself.
Contact the exam board so they know what's happening. See if there is anywhere else you can do it. I know it may be short notice for them but I'm sure they can sort something.
Reply 3
Original post by Labbern

thankyou i wish i could them now my exams are on Wednesday and Friday :frown:
Original post by yazzy101
thankyou i wish i could them now my exams are on Wednesday and Friday :frown:

If you contact them first thing they may be able to do something
Reply 5
Original post by Emma:-)
If you contact them first thing they may be able to do something

ill try i hope so
ill try i hope so

Even if they re schedule it for a later date at another school it's better than nothing.
Reply 7
Even if they re schedule it for a later date at another school it's better than nothing.

It is not possible to move them to a later date.
Reply 8
You haven't mentioned them but you've presumably already taken Paper 1 for both of these subjects as next week is Paper 2. Your grade will be based on your performance in Paper 1 with special consideration applied to the missing paper. It's perfectly possible to achieve a grade 9 on this system if you've done well enough on Paper1.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Labbern

There is barely ever any point contacting exam boards - and none in this case - as they won't know the circumstances of the school. The OP's best option is to keep trying to make contact with the school exam office - who should be able to work from home - who can resolve this fairly easily.
Original post by Compost
It is not possible to move them to a later date.

Whatever happens, it obviously needs sorting.
Whatever happens, it obviously needs sorting.

In think it's sorted - although the OP failed to give us enough information so it's hard to know for sure. If the OP was able to take Paper 1 the exam board can give them an overall grade based on that without any further action needed.
Original post by Compost
In think it's sorted - although the OP failed to give us enough information so it's hard to know for sure. If the OP was able to take Paper 1 the exam board can give them an overall grade based on that without any further action needed.

If that is the case then that's all good.
Reply 13
If that is the case then that's all good.th

thing is ive done not so well in paper 1 chemistry and I have to aim for high marks on paper 2 if that makes sense I cant let them just submit paper 1 as it was good enough to get me the grade 9
thing is ive done not so well in paper 1 chemistry and I have to aim for high marks on paper 2 if that makes sense I cant let them just submit paper 1 as it was good enough to get me the grade 9

If it's not possible for you to take the second paper (and it sounds as if it won't be) then your grade will be based on just the first - either by your school applying for special consideration so a mark is estimated for paper 2, or by giving you as grade purely on the marks in Paper 1 (clearly not a good option). Your only chance would be if your centre can run the exam for you so email the exam office to see.

Given that we're in lockdown they're not going to let you move centres
(edited 3 years ago)

Why do you need a 9?
Reply 16
guess what i spoke to the head and he said I can come into school and do my exam
Reply 17
guess what i spoke to the head and he said I can come into school and do my exam

great news good luck
hi i have my gcse resit for biology and chemistry this week but my school is closed and is not allowing a student in as it would break the transmission for covid as my school is having a deep clean I've contacted my school they said I'm not allowed to go in idk what to do

You should continue preparing for your exam as normal and get instructions on what happens about people due to sit exams.

Quick Reply

Latest