The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Chemical Engineering Beng and Meng application

Hi, just a quick question. If i put down undergraduate Meng at newcastle on my Ucas form am i automatically considered for the Beng as well, without having to put the Beng down on a seperate slot.
Even though they're different versions of the chemical engineering course that ur applying to, what happens, in reality, is that you're applying to the department as a whole. The different versions available to apply to simply tell you the different things you can do once you get admitted into the department. This means that no matter which specific course applicants apply to, once you start studying everyone will be together and will be learning the exact same thing. The only difference is that at the end of your 3rd year, it'll be assumed that you're continuing studies to get a Masters. If you want, however, you can leave after the 3rd year with a Bachelors.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by briteeshbro
Even though they're different versions of the chemical engineering course that ur applying to, what happens, in reality, is that you're applying to the department as a whole. The different versions available to apply to simply tell you the different things you can do once you get admitted into the department. This means that no matter which specific course applicants apply to, once you start studying everyone will be together and will be learning the exact same thing. The only difference is that at the end of your 3rd year, it'll be assumed that you're continuing studies to get a Masters. If you want, however, you can leave after the 3rd year with a Bachelors.

Oh, okay that helps a lot thank you. So how does the fact that the Meng has higher entry requirements impact it? and should i put down a foundation year seeing as i don't know where to apply for my 5th. Newcastle, Manchester, Swansea and QUB being my other four @briteeshbro
Original post by Jemesu
Hi, just a quick question. If i put down undergraduate Meng at newcastle on my Ucas form am i automatically considered for the Beng as well, without having to put the Beng down on a seperate slot.

Hi Jemesu,

It's great to hear you're interested in studying Engineering with us :smile: I have contacted our Engineering department about this and they have advised that you get in touch with their team direct via email at [email protected]. This is because the answer would depend on the information on your application. If you could please send them an email explaining your enquiry, one of our dedicated admissions staff would be happy to help!

Hope this helps & good luck with the application!

- Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending