Quality tools - engineering (statistical analysis of data)

Watch this thread
Engineering20
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m an engineering student looking for help with understanding what quality tools I can use to analyse some data. I am comparing (Mutliple) defects between 2 materials over several weeks, and need an approach to compare the 2 materials to determine which one is associated with more defects overall.
Would a control chart be suitable for this?
Thanks for your help!
Last edited by Engineering20; 1 year ago
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Have moved this to the engineering forum for you

Smack do you have any advice?
Engineering20
Rep:
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Have moved this to the engineering forum for you

Smack do you have any advice?
Thanks!
Smack
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Engineering20)
I’m an engineering student looking for help with understanding what quality tools I can use to analyse some data. I am comparing (Mutliple) defects between 2 materials over several weeks, and need an approach to compare the 2 materials to determine which one is associated with more defects overall.
Would a control chart be suitable for this?
Thanks for your help!
Do you have more information on the defects, material or components? I don't fully understand what you're asking. But if you've been taught control charts, then it's likely that that'll be the tool you're expected to use.
Engineering20
Rep:
(Original post by Smack)
Do you have more information on the defects, material or components? I don't fully understand what you're asking. But if you've been taught control charts, then it's likely that that'll be the tool you're expected to use.
A company are manufacturing a pre-existing product using a new material. A quality report is included in the question and shows weekly defects (ie cracking, scratches etc), for products made with the old material and the new material also. I need to use quality tools to determine if there are more defects associated with the new material and if the new material is susceptible to cracking. I’m not 100% sure If using a control chart is the correct approach as there were many other quality tools that were talked about in the lecture. Any advise? 😁
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
A company are manufacturing a pre-existing product using a new material. A quality report is included in the question and shows weekly defects (ie cracking, scratches etc), for products made with the old material and the new material also. I need to use quality tools to determine if there are more defects associated with the new material and if the new material is susceptible to cracking. I’m not 100% sure If using a control chart is the correct approach as there were many other quality tools that were talked about in the lecture. Any advise? 😁
Read the entire question again and then highlight key words. Research quality tools online and make brief notes.
Smack
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
No, sorry, in that case I'm not sure then.
Engineering20
Rep:
(Original post by Smack)
No, sorry, in that case I'm not sure then.
Thanks anyway!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I think you need to explain engineering quality tools and how they are useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (29)
15.43%
The paper was reasonable (94)
50%
Not feeling great about that exam... (47)
25%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
9.57%

Watched Threads