anon752
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How would I write an answer to an essay such as the following:

Outline and evaluate social learning theory. In your answer, make comparisons with at least one other approach in psychology. (Total 16 marks)

I know how to compare the essays but I'm confused on the evaluation part. Do I evaluate both the SLT and another approach and make comparisons between these evaluations? Or do I evaluate only the SLT and then maybe do 2 separate paragraphs or comparison to another approach based on things such as reductionism and determinism etc.?
Bryonymcn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anon752)
How would I write an answer to an essay such as the following:

Outline and evaluate social learning theory. In your answer, make comparisons with at least one other approach in psychology. (Total 16 marks)

I know how to compare the essays but I'm confused on the evaluation part. Do I evaluate both the SLT and another approach and make comparisons between these evaluations? Or do I evaluate only the SLT and then maybe do 2 separate paragraphs or comparison to another approach based on things such as reductionism and determinism etc.?
your comparison of both slt and another theory can be evaluated against each other. where you might say a weakness of slt is.... you can mention however a strength of this other theory is....
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello

Right basically you need to compare two social learning theories here. This is what the question is asking you to do. Draw up a chart of benefits and drawbacks or make a list of pros and cons of each theory under consideration. For each theory in question, talk about the impact on society etc and evaluate the theory too. Refer back to the notes and textbooks in case. Explain the theory in your own words. Put all information that you find into other words. Read up on the many different theories online, make some brief notes and highlight key words. Then try to use that information as the basis of your essay. Good luck to you. Oh and reference all sources of information right down at the bottom of your essay in a list correctly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.33%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (62)
41.33%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.67%

Watched Threads