The Student Room Group

My parents are forcing me into school with covid 19 symptoms

the title says it all. I persisted telling them that I need to stay home but they are using the allergy excuse, I don't have allergies.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get a test. Tell your school.

If you have tested positive it becomes illegal not to self-isolate.
You need to let someone at your school know.
Tell them that Boris says you have to stay at home to save lives and protect the NHS.
I'm someone who has never skipped school and would feel way too bad to. But I think you should skip school. If your parents scare you then phone school and say you have a dry cough and sore throat and feel so ill and I don't think they will tell your parents. They might but they won't let u enter school
Reply 5
Original post by iwantosleepbadly
the title says it all. I persisted telling them that I need to stay home but they are using the allergy excuse, I don't have allergies.

ring your school and tell them or turn up at school and tell them immediately
No cummings or goings are allowed either.
Reply 7
Original post by annonymous2323
I'm someone who has never skipped school and would feel way too bad to. But I think you should skip school. If your parents scare you then phone school and say you have a dry cough and sore throat and feel so ill and I don't think they will tell your parents. They might but they won't let u enter school

Your post reminded me of one time in school the teachers were handing out 100% attendance certificates to pupils in assembly. They called my friends name as he had 100% attendance but ironically that day he was off sick
when you display symptoms at school, you'll be sent home so it won't seem like it was your fault to your parent. or tell the teachers that you dont want your parents to know you told them.
Original post by ANM775
Your post reminded me of one time in school the teachers were handing out 100% attendance certificates to pupils in assembly. They called my friends name as he had 100% attendance but ironically that day he was off sick

i never understood why you'd get rewarded for something out of your control. it's not you fault you get ill, lol.
punctuality certificates makes sense
Original post by ANM775

lmao the exact same thing happened at my primary school the kid had gone on holiday

I'm sorry to hear that, but it is important to remember that it's not your fault. You have told your parents and they are forcing you to go in, so should you have it and spread it it's not on you, it's on your parents. Try not to beat yourself up about it.
Reply 12
Original post by Obolinda
i never understood why you'd get rewarded for something out of your control. it's not you fault you get ill, lol.
punctuality certificates makes sense

fair point tbh.

although perhaps some kids may come in if they are ill and some won't. like a sore throat might keep some kids off whilst others might decide to come in anyway and the teachers want to reward their dedication.

It's also partly down to the kids parents as well. I remember once I had a bad ear infection and told my mum I needed to stay home. She sent me to school anyway.
Original post by OL12345
I'm sorry to hear that, but it is important to remember that it's not your fault. You have told your parents and they are forcing you to go in, so should you have it and spread it it's not on you, it's on your parents. Try not to beat yourself up about it.

Don't worry Matt Wankcock will be mad with their parents.
Original post by Movement_

Don't worry, I have Boris on speed dial.
Original post by ANM775

Lollllll. That's funny
Also in case anyone thought I was bragging, I was just sympathising with the op in case they were like me and encouraging them to skip because it's important to stop the spread of covid. 😃 But it's not their fault if they attend school as their parents are strict
Original post by Movement_

:lol:
What symptoms do you have? If it doesn’t involve coughing or loss in ability to smell it is very unlikely to be coronavirus.
Original post by Mustafa0605
What symptoms do you have? If it doesn’t involve coughing or loss in ability to smell it is very unlikely to be coronavirus.

It’s coughing😔.
It’s coughing😔.

Is it bad coughing or just minor?

Quick Reply

Latest