?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Last edited by 12345username; 2 months ago
12345username
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Consider an economy that is described by the Romer two-sector model, with the following production function: Yt = K α t ((1 − u)LAt) 1−α , where u is the proportion of the population employed in the “university sector”.

Assume that the size of the population, L, does not change over time, while the growth rate of “knowledge” is equal to ∆At At = u.

a) Find the steady state in this economy. What happens to the capital per capita, output per capita and consumption per capita in the steady state?

b) Suppose that s = 0.1, δ = 0.1, α = 0.3, L = 1 and u = 0.1. Furthermore, suppose that the economy is in the long-run equilibrium, but in period t = 0 the government implements a policy that changes u to 0.2. What happens to the output and consumption per capita in the short and the long run?

c) Would you advice the government to implement a policy which would change u to 1.0? Why or why not?
Anonymous370
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Huh ? What's this got to do with Macros ? :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise