Cuteness Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dreamer86)
maybe you are being overly negative about yourself? I tell people theyre cute if i think they are, if i think theyre butt ugly im not so honest, but i dont lie and call them cute. i just keep quiet...

also quite cute often doesnt refer to looks, eg ive not seen a lot of peoples pictures on this site, but from what people say i think they can be cute. Actions even more so, but you can't see peoples actions on here.
They only tell me I'm cute while I'm getting rejected after asking them out...
Harv616
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
They only tell me I'm cute while I'm getting rejected after asking them out...
yeah i no how you feel
"Yeah your cute but i *incert excuse here*, im really sorry and hope we can still be friends"
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
I'm always "cute", "sweet" or "adorable". :mad:
Yeah but it works differently for girls! "cute", "sweet" or "adorable" are good things! :cool:
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
yeah i no how you feel
"Yeah your cute but i *incert excuse here*, im really sorry and hope we can still be friends"
:eek: OH MY GOD! It's like being rejected right here!

How generic are rejections eh? Is there like an European standard?
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:eek: OH MY GOD! It's like being rejected right here!

How generic are rejections eh? Is there like an European standard?
lol well it goes from polite (see above) to either walking off and lafing or saying not if you were the last guy on earth

i hate being "cute"
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
lol well it goes from polite (see above) to either walking off and lafing or saying not if you were the last guy on earth

i hate being "cute"
sucks dunnit... I'd love being "cute" if girls actually meant it when they say "im more attracted by personality"
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have to agree with what you guys have been saying. Oh well, such is life...
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
sucks dunnit... I'd love being "cute" if girls actually meant it when they say "im more attracted by personality"
lol thats what cute means! your ugly but have a nice personality.

and they WOULD go out with cute people if it wasnt for all the better looking people who are both "fit" and "cute".

only chance i have is if some1 is deperate enuf 2 want a bf lol
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
lol thats what cute means! your ugly but have a nice personality.

and they WOULD go out with cute people if it wasnt for all the better looking people who are both "fit" and "cute".

only chance i have is if some1 is deperate enuf 2 want a bf lol
yeah... damn "fit" and "cute" people... Surely if it was true about girls wanting cute personalities, guys like you and I would have girls literally hanging off our arms :rolleyes:
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Incidentally, what have any girls got to say about that?
london_bum
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I call guys 'cute' when they've done something nice. I don't use 'cute' looks-wise unless they're really baby-faced. I've never used it when rejecting someone (after all, it is a COMPLIMENT).

So much for girls over-analysing words! Guys are just as bad!
emily87
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
I'd say that girls who use it as a letdown suck. Mainly because they tread all over a perfectly good compliment and make guys insecure whenever they hear their names in conjunction with the word.
i can see itd b patronising as a rejection...
but boys can be cute/sweet and/becuase of being good looking
but i avoid saying it cos it tends to be taken as patronising when its not meant like that!

dont worry, cute can refer to a look as well as a personality! (well when I use it it does....)

Emily x
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by london_bum)
I call guys 'cute' when they've done something nice. I don't use 'cute' looks-wise unless they're really baby-faced. I've never used it when rejecting someone (after all, it is a COMPLIMENT).

So much for girls over-analysing words! Guys are just as bad!
Its not an analysis... its a fact! Everytime that I've had the word... "cute" used on me is always during a rejection :rolleyes: so I have a pretty cynical view about the word "cute"
london_bum
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its not an analysis... its a fact! Everytime that I've had the word... "cute" used on me is always during a rejection :rolleyes: so I have a pretty cynical view about the word "cute"
Well, none of the girls who've posted here seem to think it's bad. And just because they used it in a rejection doesn't mean it's the reason WHY they don't like you.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by london_bum)
Well, none of the girls who've posted here seem to think it's bad. And just because they used it in a rejection doesn't mean it's the reason WHY they don't like you.
Would you want to admit to the whole TSR that you're a shallow, heartless *****? They always say... i still want to be friends though... so there must be something that they dont like (ie my face) :rolleyes:
emily87
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Would you want to admit to the whole TSR that you're a shallow, heartless *****? They always say... i still want to be friends though... so there must be something that they dont like (ie my face) :rolleyes:
well they could say worse things, look on the bright side!
london_bum
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They aren't necessarily shallow and heartless. If you think about it, if they don't like you, it's better they reject you early rather than leading you on. Or maybe they are stupid and just don't wait to get to know someone first before rejecting them. But if you're not attracted to someone physically, I guess you can't force yourself to be, and it's the least harsh way of letting someone down. At least they think you're a nice person.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maybe it really is your personality and not your face? You're not confident and you're quite paranoid...

Just a thought...
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Maybe it really is your personality and not your face? You're not confident and you're quite paranoid...

Just a thought...
Well yeah...
emily87
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well yeah...
maybe they just want to say something nice and its the first thing they tend to think of?

dont worry- they're not laughing, or running screaming are they....(are they?)

Emily
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (33)
97.06%
No (1)
2.94%

Watched Threads