Cuteness Watch

This discussion is closed.
katiesado
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
when I call a guy "cute" it can mean lots of things that I just feel weird saying.
it can mean he's sexy, that he's funny, acting immature (like a little boy) but still in kind of endearing way), a way of saying I like him, but depending on the tone of voice it can mean he's irritating me, or that I can't think of a better lie if he's asked me directly what I think of him and I'm not into him.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chrisgill369)
bit of a stupid question, i expect its been discussed before lol

if a girl calls a guy cute, is this a good thing or not
well it means you are attractive (at least to me) just not, "OMFG that guy is so hot....I want to worship him."

basically, you are the nice guy, great smile, good bod; NOT say an Abercrombie model who looks like a replica of a statue the Greeks or Romans might have put up.

also, you have the advantage of seeming more acessible.

but you should ask yourself before you ask others...what is the difference in a cute or hot girl? <---girl because you are a guy
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
yeah... damn "fit" and "cute" people... Surely if it was true about girls wanting cute personalities, guys like you and I would have girls literally hanging off our arms :rolleyes:
I must go for "cute" guys then...cause I am certainly not attracted to the guys that I like at first.

right now the current "love of my life" is Kevin and he looks like a beanpole. he must be 6'5 and about 130-140lbs....any he has this really tosseled brown hair, and hazel eyes, and glasses, and freckles. and I am getting so carried away......

but he makes me laugh and that is what is important. plus he is a super nice person (when he isn't teasing me)
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
For some reason I get described as cute quite a bit and not only by by girlfriend, it really is a mystery.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
For some reason I get described as cute quite a bit and not only by by girlfriend, it really is a mystery.
well

look at your picture *trys to type quietly* you look like a four year old mad scientist...<--dont ask me why you just do
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elf_429)
well

look at your picture *trys to type quietly* you look like a four year old mad scientist...<--dont ask me why you just do
I have been told I look more evil than mad, mainly due to my slightly sunken eyes. I also thought you might have said I was a trekkie due to the star trek t-shirt I am wearing in the picture (if you looked at the right one).
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
I have been told I look more evil than mad, mainly due to my slightly sunken eyes. I also thought you might have said I was a trekkie due to the star trek t-shirt I am wearing in the picture (if you looked at the right one).
I grew up with star-trek...

i could even be considered a trekkie. however, when compaired to you, I feel inadequate in my trekkieness.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I grew up with star-trek...

i could even be considered a trekkie. however, when compaired to you, I feel inadequate in my trekkieness.
I only own a few t-shirts, 2 technical manuals, 2 books on klingon language, countless videos, novals, star trek encylopedia, episode guides, that sort of thing. I am not really very trekkie you know. But still, most people would see me as a cute trekkie.
Cortez
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
wow i never thought this was going to turn into 4 pages lol.

So the conclusion is that girls use it in a good way but guys interpret it as a bad thing when called cute....
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wow i never thought this was going to turn into 4 pages lol.

So the conclusion is that girls use it in a good way but guys interpret it as a bad thing when called cute....
I used to interpret being called cute as a bad thing, but I slowly realised that it did not belittle me, it just meant that the girl saw me as having quite a few nice features but not enough to qualify being upgraded to the next level of perceived attractiveness.
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
but you should ask yourself before you ask others...what is the difference in a cute or hot girl? <---girl because you are a guy
cute girl - Generaly nice but not all that good looking

hot girl - nice looking but a *****
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)

really?

cute guy- nice looking, features, 6 and above on the scale, sense of humor, nice

hot guy- gorgeous, 8 and above, can be nice and or funny but not usually, usually likes arm candy, that sort of thing.
fivebyfive
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cute is a compliment, i always get called "pretty" and i am male! I have no idea why but it happens quite often.
Cortez
Rep:
?
the fact that everytime i view this topic those stupid google ads disaply 'baby gifts' and 'cute dog' aint making me feel much better either lol

edit, just realised fivebyfive lives in exeter too w00t!
EPD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)

Just reminded me of a couple of definitions I heard
****; A girl who sleeps with everybody
*****; A girl who sleeps with everybody except you
mysteriouschik
Report 14 years ago
bit of a stupid question, i expect its been discussed before lol

if a girl calls a guy cute, is this a good thing or not
uhh..hiya..i think its quite a good thing to be called "cute"!! .. dont worry ull have a girl soon!!...just keep bein cute and acting cute by doing cutey things!! ..laterzz
Cortez
Rep:
?
uhh..hiya..i think its quite a good thing to be called "cute"!! .. dont worry ull have a girl soon!!...just keep bein cute and acting cute by doing cutey things!! ..laterzz
lol i sure hope so, thanks for the confidence :P
Jow
Report 14 years ago
My gf just sent me a text callin me cutie. Im getting scared!
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
Just reminded me of a couple of definitions I heard
****; A girl who sleeps with everybody
*****; A girl who sleeps with everybody except you
lmao thats gr8
reminds me of my ex :p:
mysteriouschik
Report 14 years ago
lol i sure hope so, thanks for the confidence :P
anytime chris..i i call guys cute when i think they smile regularly and have a charm on their faces...and esp when they do very cute little things that a girl would like seeing them do!! lol...so dont worry okies?! :cool:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.82%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (223)
40.55%
Nope, not that interesting (218)
39.64%

Watched Threads