The Student Room Group

Cambridge University: International Student Applicants

Hello all! I'm an international (and mature) student from the US and I just wanted to ask some questions (bc I have been freaking out) about the Cambridge Law test and interview for international students.

I was wondering how as an international student did others find the CLT and the interview? How did you study/prepare? (Without mentioning exact questions) How was the interview? Especially through Skype/Zoom?

As a US student, I don't have much experience in Jurisprudence and just know the basics of the English Legal System and I am finding the questions of the CLT pretty diffcult. Just wondering if anyone has any tips!

Thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by leenaii
Hello all! I'm an international (and mature) student from the US and I just wanted to ask some questions (bc I have been freaking out) about the Cambridge Law test and interview for international students.

I was wondering how as an international student did others find the CLT and the interview? How did you study/prepare? (Without mentioning exact questions) How was the interview? Especially through Skype/Zoom?

As a US student, I don't have much experience in Jurisprudence and just know the basics of the English Legal System and I am finding the questions of the CLT pretty diffcult. Just wondering if anyone has any tips!

Thanks x

Hello,

The CLT is an at-interview assessment, as opposed to the pre-interview assessments that take place in November. In other words, it has yet to take place. Interviews take place in December. (Check your college website for specific subject dates!), and many colleges have yet to send out their invitations at this point, although most should do so by next weekend.

The CLT should not require much knowledge of English law, or any law for that matter. It is mostly a test of your logic, reasoning, and argumentative abilities.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest