kekekelly
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by homuntan02)
Hey guys i've applied for BSc Econs on the 15th of october and have yet to receive my email of acknowledgement, should i be worried?
same i still haven't received any ack email, but i wrote an email asking them whether they have received my application and they said yes.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've applied to lse for Econ and politics
my gcses weren't great at:98888777776
predicted A*A*A and doing epq

do I have a chance at getting an offer?
no chance luv
firedblocki
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by cloudyh)
hello, does anyone received an offer from LSE Undergraduate degrees 2021.?
no, I am also waiting to receive notification about my application from LSE
firedblocki
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
no chance luv
yeah absolutely 0% chance
Anonymous #4
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by firedblocki)
couldnt of said it better myself
LVSDH
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by kekekelly)
same i still haven't received any ack email, but i wrote an email asking them whether they have received my application and they said yes.
What are you predicted grades and what subjects?
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
cheers guys, son's crying
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
no chance luv
Ah **** It's my dream uni as well
Anonymous #5
Report 3 months ago
Ah **** It's my dream uni as well
Honestly, no one can say with conviction that you have no chance. Whist GCSEs are important so are predicted grades and yours are amazing. LSE care the most about your personal statement and if that's good then you're not out of the game!!
LVSDH
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
no chance luv
how is there no chance when that's above the entry requirements
kekekelly
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by LVSDH)
What are you predicted grades and what subjects?
all A*s and applied to pure econ and econ and math
LVSDH
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by kekekelly)
all A*s and applied to pure econ and econ and math
Oh thats great, congrats on those predicted grades. Do you by any chance know if LSE have heavy dependency on personal statement
Anonymous #6
Report 3 months ago
Anyone got an offer for straight Econ, or know when they usually go out?
LVSDH
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Anyone got an offer for straight Econ, or know when they usually go out
As i am applying for straight econ my teacher received an email saying that if they were to give me and offer it would be in February. But as LSE opens back up on the 4th of Jan id assume stuff will happen from then
firedblocki
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by LVSDH)
Oh thats great, congrats on those predicted grades. Do you by any chance know if LSE have heavy dependency on personal statement
yes it does look at your personal statement, in fact it is one of the main things they look at before selection
LVSDH
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
yes it does look at your personal statement, in fact it is one of the main things they look at before selection
Thank you, I have also heard that they don't necessarily look at grades as much as we think. So, for example, I am applying for straight Econ and you need A*AA with A* in maths , as long as you meet the minimum requirements they don't really look at your grades any more after that unless they are comparing two very similar people but even then the PS should differentiate. Have you got nay idea if that's true
firedblocki
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by LVSDH)
Thank you, I have also heard that they don't necessarily look at grades as much as we think. So, for example, I am applying for straight Econ and you need A*AA with A* in maths , as long as you meet the minimum requirements they don't really look at your grades any more after that unless they are comparing two very similar people but even then the PS should differentiate. Have you got nay idea if that's true
"I have also heard that they don't necessarily look at grades as much as we think" I am not sure about this but I can tell you that there is a lot of competition for highly competitive undergraduate degrees but for the degree I am applying to(actuarial science) the competition is not necessarily high likewise the number of students they take is also lower. so basically its about the degree your applying for that determines how important your grade is
Incede
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by LVSDH)
Whilst it heavily ps dependent, predicted grades also play a role, someone with 4 A*s would have better chances than someone with just 1 for a course as competitive as econ.

Grades do play an important factor.
LVSDH
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
"I have also heard that they don't necessarily look at grades as much as we think" I am not sure about this but I can tell you that there is a lot of competition for highly competitive undergraduate degrees but for the degree I am applying to(actuarial science) the competition is not necessarily high likewise the number of students they take is also lower. so basically its about the degree your applying for that determines how important your grade is
Yea thats fair
LVSDH
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Incede)
Whilst it heavily ps dependent, predicted grades also play a role, someone with 4 A*s would have better chances than someone with just 1 for a course as competitive as econ.

Grades do play an important factor.
However, LSE especially look at you in the context of your school so, for example, my GCSE are nowhere near the standard they look for however I was ranked 4th in my year 11 cohort and that was put in my references so they'd like that. Also, my general schools ability in achieving a/a* is very low like 5% of grades in my school, I have been predicted A*A*AB with A*in maths and econ, A in physics and B in further so in that context its very good and so my personal statement will have a major impact as that shows who i am as person
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (378)
14.78%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (283)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (359)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (119)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.52%
Financial worries (94)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (224)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (241)
9.42%

Watched Threads