Want more information about this university?
carley12326
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi i’m put down kingston university to study pharmacy next year! what’s your opinion about kingston? any tips? i’m planning to get a budget en suite there as well.
tifaxox
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hiii omg i’m looking to apply for pharmacy as well and i’m trying to find something about the uni too! is there anything you already know?
carley12326
Rep:
?
(Original post by tifaxox)
hiii omg i’m looking to apply for pharmacy as well and i’m trying to find something about the uni too! is there anything you already know?
hiiii honestly i found nothing except bad reviews from 8 years ago lmao .. nothing recent though .. where else have you applied ?
tifaxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by carley12326)
hiiii honestly i found nothing except bad reviews from 8 years ago lmao .. nothing recent though .. where else have you applied ?
Aw that actually sucks i personally don’t know anyone who went/ goes there since i live far away from Kingston, i’m not 100% sure on other ones but i’m looking at Birmingham/ Wolverhampton too. what ones are you thinking or have applied to ?
carley12326
Rep:
?
Aw that actually sucks i personally don’t know anyone who went/ goes there since i live far away from Kingston, i’m not 100% sure on other ones but i’m looking at Birmingham/ Wolverhampton too. what ones are you thinking or have applied to ?
i applied to wolverhampton!! its kinda far thoo but the requirements aren’t that bad .. i also applied to reading kingston and hertfordshire. i haven’t really heard back from the others except hertfordshire ://
FTheOpps
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one outside of kingston should go kingston uni it's **** :rofl3:
carley12326
Rep:
?
LMAOOO i think i got the message thank you .. thinking to go to reading or hertfordshire.. any opinions ?
tifaxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was also thinking hertfordshire actually but not 100% sure reading is deffo on my list too, i’m sure you’ll hear back soon it’s still quite early! 🥺
i applied to wolverhampton!! its kinda far thoo but the requirements aren’t that bad .. i also applied to reading kingston and hertfordshire. i haven’t really heard back from the others except hertfordshire ://
carley12326
Rep:
?
I was also thinking hertfordshire actually but not 100% sure reading is deffo on my list too, i’m sure you’ll hear back soon it’s still quite early! 🥺
i just got a reply from reading i got an offer for the foundation year !! ☝️😏 and they said i can go for the four year MPharm Pharmacy as well but i need to go through an assessment .. is reading your first option ? i heard hertfordshire is good but idkkkkk
tifaxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i just got a reply from reading i got an offer for the foundation year !! ☝️😏 and they said i can go for the four year MPharm Pharmacy as well but i need to go through an assessment .. is reading your first option ? i heard hertfordshire is good but idkkkkk
aww that’s so good, well done!! reading is not my first choice but i’m still thinking. I’m kinda just stuck rn on where to choose because idk which unis are good or not but i’ll deffo have my choices by Friday i think
carley12326
Rep:
?
aww that’s so good, well done!! reading is not my first choice but i’m still thinking. I’m kinda just stuck rn on where to choose because idk which unis are good or not but i’ll deffo have my choices by Friday i think
tyyy 💔 it’s hard cause of covid .. i haven’t been to any open days at all so i just picked ones that were closer to me :// you’ll be fine !! you’ll find a good uniii
tifaxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
tyyy 💔 it’s hard cause of covid .. i haven’t been to any open days at all so i just picked ones that were closer to me :// you’ll be fine !! you’ll find a good uniii
Thank u!! yeah hopefully, what’s your first choice?
carley12326
Rep:
?
Thank u!! yeah hopefully, what’s your first choice?
not sure .. hertfordshire or reading tbh ,, not kingston anymore i haven’t really heard back from them as well :// wbu ?
tifaxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
not sure .. hertfordshire or reading tbh ,, not kingston anymore i haven’t really heard back from them as well :// wbu ?
yeah i think aston or kingston tbh but really i don’t have a preference any is okay for me haha
carley12326
Rep:
?
yeah i think aston or kingston tbh but really i don’t have a preference any is okay for me haha
ive got an interview with hertfordshire next tuesday hopefully it goes well as it’s apparently good for pharmacy !! wish me luck!
aston is really good for pharmacy as well !! my friend is applying there,, wish i could but my grades aren’t that good
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
My friend did pharmacy there and got treated like garbage. Kingston act way too prestige and they ain’t even close
carley12326
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
My friend did pharmacy there and got treated like garbage. Kingston act way too prestige and they ain’t even close
thanks for telling me lmaooo !!
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi i’m put down kingston university to study pharmacy next year! what’s your opinion about kingston? any tips? i’m planning to get a budget en suite there as well.
Hey Carley!

I'm currently in the 2nd year of Pharmacy at Kingston, my personal opinion is that Kingston is quite a diverse university and the Pharmacy course is very hands on and it does get tough but as long as you're organised with all your lectures then you should be fine!
They also look at the previous years performance and feedback from the pupils and they tweak the course / respond to any concerns that anyone expresses in the module reviews. The lecturers are on hand to answer any questions that you have via email or you can see them in person/via virtual interview so if you ever need help they are there for you.

Kingston in general is a nice area, there's the thames riverside which is a nice place to go and relax at when you are done with work and almost everything in the area pretty much walking-distance.

What accommodation are you looking at? I stayed at 75 Penrhyn Road and I highly recommend it if you're looking for something modern.

Amit - Official Kingston Uni rep - Pharmacy Student
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
There's better uni's in London that offer pharmacy imo and in terms of social life Kingston isn't the best.
tifaxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ive got an interview with hertfordshire next tuesday hopefully it goes well as it’s apparently good for pharmacy !! wish me luck!
aston is really good for pharmacy as well !! my friend is applying there,, wish i could but my grades aren’t that good
Aww good luck on your interview, is it virtual?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
13.51%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (15)
20.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (34)
45.95%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
16.22%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.05%

Watched Threads