How is A Level Geography (AQA) urgent!!

Watch
KingLizard
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, i'm a year 12 a level student who currently takes History, English combined and Product design, however i really don't like English due to my teachers, and that i am finding the content boring. I know it is quite late but i think if i beg (lol) i will still be able to change 1 subject. Any thoughts on geography - is it hard? what kind of stuff do u go over? any help would be appreciated.
Raynerm
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by KingLizard)
Hi, i'm a year 12 a level student who currently takes History, English combined and Product design, however i really don't like English due to my teachers, and that i am finding the content boring. I know it is quite late but i think if i beg (lol) i will still be able to change 1 subject. Any thoughts on geography - is it hard? what kind of stuff do u go over? any help would be appreciated.
Don’t know about Geography however I do know it’s possible to change subjects at this stage as I am going through similar ....
KingLizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raynerm)
Don’t know about Geography however I do know it’s possible to change subjects at this stage as I am going through similar ....
Hi, thanks for the reply! have u enquired with ur head of sixth about changing subjects and if so what did they say
Raynerm
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by KingLizard)
Hi, thanks for the reply! have u enquired with ur head of sixth about changing subjects and if so what did they say
Sorry for my late reply. Yes I have. My school have been really supportive and have said I can change. The restriction of choice is what is available on timetable blocks and class capacity
KingLizard
Rep:
?
Thank you! If I may ask what did u change to?
College_Student7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It will depend a bit on what topics your teachers pick. Generally, it is basically just GCSE with more in-depth content and longer questions. Once you know the content (the content isn't difficult, just quite a lot of it) and know how to answer the questions it is fairly easy.

The topics are:

Water and carbon cycles

either Hot desert systems and landscapes or Coastal systems and landscapes or Glacial systems and landscapes

either Hazards or Ecosystems under stress

Global systems and global governance

Changing places

either Contemporary urban environments or Population and the environment or Resource security

You also have a coursework assessment where you will carry out research on a topic. The topic has to be linked in some way to the topics that are taught. It is similar to a science report where you do background, method, results, analysis, conclusion, evaluation etv.
Last edited by College_Student7; 6 months ago
Raynerm
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Sorry for my late reply. Yes I have. My school have been really supportive and have said I can change. The restriction of choice is what is available on timetable blocks and class capacity
I haven’t changed as yet , like you currently considering ....
KingLizard
Rep:
?
I haven’t changed as yet , like you currently considering ....
Okay thanks I appreciate it, all this stress is doing me no good !
KingLizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by College_Student7)
It will depend a bit on what topics your teachers pick. Generally, it is basically just GCSE with more in-depth content and longer questions. Once you know the content (the content isn't difficult, just quite a lot of it) and know how to answer the questions it is fairly easy.

The topics are:

Water and carbon cycles

either Hot desert systems and landscapes or Coastal systems and landscapes or Glacial systems and landscapes

either Hazards or Ecosystems under stress

Global systems and global governance

Changing places

either Contemporary urban environments or Population and the environment or Resource security

You also have a coursework assessment where you will carry out research on a topic. The topic has to be linked in some way to the topics that are taught. It is similar to a science report where you do background, method, results, analysis, conclusion, evaluation etv.
Thank you very much! Very helpful indeed thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (18)
39.13%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
8.7%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (2)
4.35%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (12)
26.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (5)
10.87%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
10.87%

Watched Threads