The Student Room Group

Help, why can't i have feelings for this guy

He is loving, nice, we share same interests, we like almost the same things, he makes me feel confident, he makes sure i'm feeling okay, makes certain sacrifices for me, tells me the truth, he makes me feel safe. He is everything i'm looking for in a boy. Here is my problem: 1) I don't find him attractive looks-wise, so sex won't be good, kissing won't feel natural, i think only holding hands and hugging would be compatible, but i'm a sexual person so sex is a big thing if we are going to have a relationship. 2) i want him in my life , so sorta using him emotionally because i like the way it makes me feel. 3) He asked me out in April, but i made an excuse on how corona was damaging and i needed space and stuff (but in reality i found him physically repulsive). Lately he has been giving signals, possibly going to ask me out again. Now i have think of an excuse , and would probably leave me because he would think why give her time when she doesn't want to take things further.

Any advice?

Also the reasons why i don't find him attractive:
Although he is slightly taller than me, i kind of a want a height difference , Also his hairstyle and his style it's self. Also he sorta gets bullied and doesn't have confidence
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
He is loving, nice, we share same interests, we like almost the same things, he makes me feel confident, he makes sure i'm feeling okay, makes certain sacrifices for me, tells me the truth, he makes me feel safe. He is everything i'm looking for in a boy. Here is my problem: 1) I don't find him attractive looks-wise, so sex won't be good, kissing won't feel natural, i think only holding hands and hugging would be compatible, but i'm a sexual person so sex is a big thing if we are going to have a relationship. 2) i want him in my life , so sorta using him emotionally because i like the way it makes me feel. 3) He asked me out in April, but i made an excuse on how corona was damaging and i needed space and stuff (but in reality i found him physically repulsive). Lately he has been giving signals, possibly going to ask me out again. Now i have think of an excuse , and would probably leave me because he would think why give her time when she doesn't want to take things further.

Any advice?

Also the reasons why i don't find him attractive:
Although he is slightly taller than me, i kind of a want a height difference , Also his hairstyle and his style it's self. Also he sorta gets bullied and doesn't have confidence

Ouch

You say he's everything you'd want minus not fancying him. We say it's all about personality and not looks etc but yes if you're to be with him. You've got to be attracted to them. We get what we're given so facially he's stuck, poor chap.

You think if you give him more time you'd look beyond his looks? It's possible... 🤔
He's just not your type in terms of looks or sexual chemistry.
You don't find him sexually appealing or good looking and he is physically repulsive to you.
Tell him that you only want to be friends so that he can find a girl who is sexually attracted to him.

Don't worry, there are plenty of single guys swimming around in the online dating sea. :smile:
You won't have any problem finding guys who you are attracted to, are your preferred physical type and are keen to attract your attention.
If you're not attracted to him, you're just not attracted to him. Be honest and make it clear that you're not interested (although it would probably be polite not to just say "I find you ugly" or something!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending