I’m always so stressed and nauseous

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi there, not sure if anyone out here has the same experience or can guide me in the right direction but basically I always feel stressed.

School stresses me out, work stresses me out, my personal life and friendships stress me out. I’m always thinking about my worries, deadlines and what I have to get done. Even when I try to sleep I’m thinking of everything in my life.

I’ve noticed a pattern. I always feel nauseous, especially at school. But often I’ll get so stressed I’ll actually vomit. It’s not pleasant but I can still get on with my day, but it’s annoying that it once became part of my routine in the morning.

I also have trouble sleeping. I am always tired so I look forward to going to bed. But the issue is when I go to bed I lie awake for hours. I go to bed at 10, but don’t sleep until 3. I don’t even go on my phone, I switch that off at 10. I stop drinking caffeine at 11am or sometimes 1, so it’s probably not that.

Also to add to the mix I’ve been experiencing heart palpitations for years. Especially at night, but also during the day. I often say I feel like I feel like I’m going to have a heart attack because I don’t even know how else to describe it, my heart races and I can hear it and feel it but I also feel like my heart is jumping around in my chest and that it’s sort of like butterflies but in my heart?

Can anyone help me? I didn’t go to the doctor because I don’t want to waste their time and my mum always shouts at me for being a hypochondriac but in reality I wish it would go away. I just wish I wasn’t so tired and jittery all the time
k8902
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
sorry to hear you’re going through that ):
have experienced a similar sort of thing so you can pm me if you want xx
user1567945
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there, not sure if anyone out here has the same experience or can guide me in the right direction but basically I always feel stressed.

School stresses me out, work stresses me out, my personal life and friendships stress me out. I’m always thinking about my worries, deadlines and what I have to get done. Even when I try to sleep I’m thinking of everything in my life.

I’ve noticed a pattern. I always feel nauseous, especially at school. But often I’ll get so stressed I’ll actually vomit. It’s not pleasant but I can still get on with my day, but it’s annoying that it once became part of my routine in the morning.

I also have trouble sleeping. I am always tired so I look forward to going to bed. But the issue is when I go to bed I lie awake for hours. I go to bed at 10, but don’t sleep until 3. I don’t even go on my phone, I switch that off at 10. I stop drinking caffeine at 11am or sometimes 1, so it’s probably not that.

Also to add to the mix I’ve been experiencing heart palpitations for years. Especially at night, but also during the day. I often say I feel like I feel like I’m going to have a heart attack because I don’t even know how else to describe it, my heart races and I can hear it and feel it but I also feel like my heart is jumping around in my chest and that it’s sort of like butterflies but in my heart?

Can anyone help me? I didn’t go to the doctor because I don’t want to waste their time and my mum always shouts at me for being a hypochondriac but in reality I wish it would go away. I just wish I wasn’t so tired and jittery all the time
Hey,

Can you break it down into which part of each social place stresses you out.
Is there anything particular about school/work that makes you stressed?
If you break it down, maybe you can understand how the overlapping of these different stress can combine and amplify how you feel.

Stress might have started out small then built up altogether that now makes it all unbearable.

When you lay down to sleep, are you constantly thinking about all this stress, and replaying loads of things in your head?
That would definitely effect you, and may even be night time anxiety.

How much caffeine do you have in a day?
When you feel heart palpitations do you think about it, thus noticing it more and it builds up even more stress and worry?
Or possibly you worry about the toll stress may take on your body that it then brings out this feeling of a heart attack.

I think it’s definitely worth seeing the doctor.
A build up of stress is not good at all and sometimes you need a time out.
Can you pinpoint this stress into anything?
When did you first notice this build up of stress flare up?
I’d try to work out what factors are causing you stress then try and work out which areas are internal and external so you can try to minimise the source of stress.
Do you think it would be worth asking for a blood pressure test at the doctors, especially with the vomiting.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by user1567945)
Hey,

Can you break it down into which part of each social place stresses you out.
Is there anything particular about school/work that makes you stressed?
If you break it down, maybe you can understand how the overlapping of these different stress can combine and amplify how you feel.

Stress might have started out small then built up altogether that now makes it all unbearable.

When you lay down to sleep, are you constantly thinking about all this stress, and replaying loads of things in your head?
That would definitely effect you, and may even be night time anxiety.

How much caffeine do you have in a day?
When you feel heart palpitations do you think about it, thus noticing it more and it builds up even more stress and worry?
Or possibly you worry about the toll stress may take on your body that it then brings out this feeling of a heart attack.

I think it’s definitely worth seeing the doctor.
A build up of stress is not good at all and sometimes you need a time out.
Can you pinpoint this stress into anything?
When did you first notice this build up of stress flare up?
I’d try to work out what factors are causing you stress then try and work out which areas are internal and external so you can try to minimise the source of stress.
Do you think it would be worth asking for a blood pressure test at the doctors, especially with the vomiting.
I think what stresses me out about school and work is the pressure to always be doing the most and doing the best. I always worry about deadlines because I would hate to disappoint the teachers and myself. Work is stressful because of time pressures.

Yeah when I try to sleep I think about what I’ve been stressed about because the stress is just sort of persistent in my life.

Each day I have usually two cups of coffee, but like I say I’d be surprised if that was it because I’ve been drinking it for years so I am kind of used to it now and I don’t see how it would be causing this feeling still at night but I am not a professional obviously. And I wouldn’t say I worry more about the heart palpitations to be honest i just get annoyed but I do get a more worked up feeling as time goes on and I suppose it’s the stress of knowing I’m losing sleep that makes them worse then.

I think this stress came on about three years ago pretty randomly I would feel the heart palpitations when thinking about random but stressful things which were upcoming but I shrugged it off as just me being an over thinker.

I think my blood pressure is fine, I had to get my BP taken at the GP surgery in November last year anyway and it was okay I think. I also had blood tests for something else in February so there’s no issues there I’d assume. It’s quite annoying.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago

Hello, I'd recommend going to the doctor. You don't have to tell your mum- and they shouldn't either because of patient confidentiality laws. You won't be wasting their time, honest. It's their job to help people so please use them.

In the mean time, or if you find you can't face the doctor- speaking from experience- I'd recommend getting an OTC medicine called Kalms. Take one to two in the morning before you go to school- they helped me remarkably. You could also try gummy multivitamins and ginger biscuits/ginger tea, to help with constant nausea. Also possibly cutting caffeine from your diet completely- it's a bit hard at first, but you do get used to it.

I apologise if my advice seems a bit redundant, but I have/had a similar issue to yours, and I found those things all helped, even if just a little bit.

I hope things get better for you soon- it's not a fun thing to experience at all
Anonymous #1
Hello, I'd recommend going to the doctor. You don't have to tell your mum- and they shouldn't either because of patient confidentiality laws. You won't be wasting their time, honest. It's their job to help people so please use them.

In the mean time, or if you find you can't face the doctor- speaking from experience- I'd recommend getting an OTC medicine called Kalms. Take one to two in the morning before you go to school- they helped me remarkably. You could also try gummy multivitamins and ginger biscuits/ginger tea, to help with constant nausea. Also possibly cutting caffeine from your diet completely- it's a bit hard at first, but you do get used to it.

I apologise if my advice seems a bit redundant, but I have/had a similar issue to yours, and I found those things all helped, even if just a little bit.

I hope things get better for you soon- it's not a fun thing to experience at all
I think the only issue with Kalms is I think you have to be 18 to take them and I’m 17 :/ I remember even two years ago considering buying them because of it but I can’t because I’m not old enough which is annoying but I suppose something to do with the herbs is restricted I don’t know. But thanks for your advice, I mean it, it’s helpful, and good to know I’m not alone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (103)
5.13%
Uncertainty around my education (302)
15.04%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (213)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (279)
13.89%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (90)
4.48%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (114)
5.68%
Loneliness (175)
8.72%
Financial worries (72)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (88)
4.38%
Exposure to negative news/social media (95)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (110)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (178)
8.86%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (189)
9.41%

Watched Threads