15mohsinfa
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got 2 8's, 7, 7-6, 2D*, 2 6's, and a 5

I feel that's SO bad, which it is but like is it good enough to get by or not (if not I don't know what the hell I should even do)?

And should I not even bother applying to oxbridge or like there is a slim chance still, and use my opportunity someplace useful?
clouddbubbles
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
i think it’s okay. as long as you’re not applying for anywhere gcse heavy (eg oxford, leeds, cardiff)
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Did your secondary school underachieve ?

If so, that could be taken into consideration, if not, then nah

Sorry
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 year ago
15mohsinfa
Rep:
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Did your secondary school underachieve ?

If so, that could be taken into consideration, if not, then nah

Sorry
I mean yeah it wasn't like a grammar or anything. But like I didn't do the exams so... But do u mean no for Oxbridge or medicine?
15mohsinfa
Rep:
(Original post by clouddbubbles)
i think it’s okay. as long as you’re not applying for anywhere gcse heavy (eg oxford, leeds, cardiff)
What about cambridge?
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 15mohsinfa)
I mean yeah it wasn't like a grammar or anything. But like I didn't do the exams so... But do u mean no for Oxbridge or medicine?
Nah no Oxford for medicine unfortunately.

No have you got actual statistics?

Look up your school online and see the statistics of attainment 8, and how your school did compared to everyone else.

Your grade 8 could mean a grade 9, so it could work in your benefit

If not, then no. You’re expected at least 8 A*’s for Oxford

But for Cambridge, they have 0 GCSE requirements so you could get in if you do well on the BMAT, and interviews. Then get A*-A at A level
hootdoot04
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
If you think those results are bad...mine must be god awful
1st superstar
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
nexttime
hootdoot04
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Well if you're not applying to medicine, I'm sure you'll be fine
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I got 2 8's, 7, 7-6, 2D*, 2 6's, and a 5

I feel that's SO bad, which it is but like is it good enough to get by or not (if not I don't know what the hell I should even do)?

And should I not even bother applying to oxbridge or like there is a slim chance still, and use my opportunity someplace useful?
Oxford's med applicants have an average of 8.5 A*s; their offer holders have an average of 10.8 A*s.

^^ For Oxford. Stats from https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/me...cal/statistics

Cambridge's stats is probably similar but they publically state that there is no minimum GCSEs requirement for their medical course. This is compensated by requiring high BMAT and their standard offer of A*A*A.

Oxford is still way more competitive though, both for home students and internationals.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 year ago
15mohsinfa
Rep:
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
No have you got actual statistics?

Look up your school online and see the statistics of attainment 8, and how your school did compared to everyone else.

Your grade 8 could mean a grade 9, so it could work in your benefit
It's 42 while for the local authority is 55.1 so its that good then?
15mohsinfa
Rep:
(Original post by hootdoot04)
Well if you're not applying to medicine, I'm sure you'll be fine
Lol do I have SOME news for you....
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It's 42 while for the local authority is 55.1 so its that good then?
Ok so now, you’ll have to include it / ask to put it in your reference if you really want to take the risk.

I’d advise you not to though, although it’s possible. It isn’t comfortable...
hootdoot04
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Lol do I have SOME news for you....
I'm so embarrassed ngl sorry.. My advice would be just try and ace your A levels etc
15mohsinfa
Rep:
I'm so embarrassed ngl sorry.. My advice would be just try and ace your A levels etc
embarrassed why? of bad how bad my grades are..? :,(
hootdoot04
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
embarrassed why? of bad how bad my grades are..? :,(
NO your grades are amazing! i'm embarrassed cos i made a mistake
15mohsinfa
Rep:
NO your grades are amazing! i'm embarrassed cos i made a mistake
Are you being sarcastic cuz I feel like you are...
hootdoot04
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm not tho, I didn't read the title and just commented
15mohsinfa
Rep:
I'm not tho, I didn't read the title and just commented
oh okay.. XD
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Omggggg they aren’t 🤦🤦🤦
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (88)
34.65%
Yes - a trusted person (70)
27.56%
No (67)
26.38%
I'm not sure (29)
11.42%

Watched Threads