The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Mature students at Edge Hill?

Hi! I might be starting Edge Hill to study one of their counselling courses in 2021! Ill be 23 years old and most likely living on campus.

Im wondering if there is any other "mature" students out there starting uni!? Im scared ill be the only one!
Original post by louisej97
Hi! I might be starting Edge Hill to study one of their counselling courses in 2021! Ill be 23 years old and most likely living on campus.

Im wondering if there is any other "mature" students out there starting uni!? Im scared ill be the only one!

Hey Louise, i've applied for the course too. I'm a mature student too (30)
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Louise! Same here, I'm thinking of starting the Counselling BA course in sept this year, and I'll be 26 (also - coming from Italy)

hi louise, did you get on the edge hill course? might see you there in sept :biggrin:

I’m 36 and will be starting adult nursing in January. Hope I’m not too old haha! X
Reply 5
I'm 26 and will be starting on the same course in September. So, don't worry! You won't be the oldest. :tongue:
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm 22 and will be studying Web Design
Reply 7
I finished my undergrad at edge hill this year and starting masters next month (currently 21) there’s plenty of mature students at edge hill!
Reply 8

HI LOUISE!!

Im gonna be studying Marketing with digital communications and I'm 22, I was also very anxious about not having people my own age starting their first year, but its good to see there are more of us around!! :tongue:
Original post by SophieHardman1
I’m 36 and will be starting adult nursing in January. Hope I’m not too old haha! X

Hi Sophie :smile:
Can I ask how you’re finding adult nursing so far and what is the age range on the course? as I have just been accepted on the fast track before hopefully starting my nursing in September at edge hill and I’m 36 too x
No dear, you'll be just fine. 43 and I started my Msc last year

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you'll be studying at Edge Hill in September.

I was a mature student myself, choosing to come back to education when I was 21. I was very worried about finding students like me, but as I'm sure you can see from your responses, we welcome students from a wide range of age groups at Edge Hill, and the University has a large community of mature students.

You may also like to speak with Michelle, who is a current student and is a mature student herself. She will be happy to let you know how she has found the transition to Higher Education.

Best of luck with your future studies,

Melissa, Course Enquiries
Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi there,

It's great to hear that you'll be studying at Edge Hill in September.

I was a mature student myself, choosing to come back to education when I was 21. I was very worried about finding students like me, but as I'm sure you can see from your responses, we welcome students from a wide range of age groups at Edge Hill, and the University has a large community of mature students.

You may also like to speak with Michelle, who is a current student and is a mature student herself. She will be happy to let you know how she has found the transition to Higher Education.

Best of luck with your future studies,

Melissa, Course Enquiries

Hello,

Are you more likely to put mature students together in Halls (or students of a similar age?). Or are students put together randomly?

Thanks,
Chloe
35 and going to Edgehill in September, studying psychological analysis of offending behaviour.
Hi Keira,

Will you be living at home and commuting in ? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Keira,

Will you be living at home and commuting in ? :smile:

I'll br driving I live in Liverpool x
Hi Chloe,

As we operate a 'choose your own' room system, you may find that you are placed with a mixture of ages. But, if you would prefer to be in a quieter hall or would like to request that you live with older students, I'd encourage you to contact our Accommodation team directly.

I hope this helps.

Looking forward to welcoming you onto campus in September.

Melissa- Course Enquiries

Original post by chloenewman1
Hello,

Are you more likely to put mature students together in Halls (or students of a similar age?). Or are students put together randomly?

Thanks,
Chloe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending