Want more information about this university?
user18112002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Last edited by user18112002; 2 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by user18112002)
I am applying to uni of manchester for management but the news has been saying that manchester has locked students in their accommodation and my friend told me they have had no support etc. and there is a racial profiling case I don't agree at all with, idk if I would like it there now. might change one of my ucas choices to bath. URGENT THOUGHTS AND IDEAS PLS?!
Personally I like Manchester uni but with recent actions at the uni, it’s been quite negative and down falling to be honest
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
I am applying to uni of manchester for management but the news has been saying that manchester has locked students in their accommodation and my friend told me they have had no support etc. and there is a racial profiling case I don't agree at all with, idk if I would like it there now. might change one of my ucas choices to bath. URGENT THOUGHTS AND IDEAS PLS?!
Yes, Manchester has been pretty bad this year and whilst it's not excusable, there is a reason - Covid. By next year this should be all over or at the very least provisions will have been made. And with the locking students in, that was in University owned halls, staying in a private place would stop this.
UoM_Enquiries
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi user18112002,

We understand you have concerns about the University’s halls of residences, this hasn’t been the year that any of us would have planned and we know we haven’t got everything right. We're making this five-point pledge to all students in our accommodation and committing to listen and engage student representatives moving forward.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads