The Student Room Group

Ivy League 2021 Applicants Thread

good morning fellow students and applicants - welcome to the Ivy League 2021 entry applicants thread!
the Ivy League schools include - Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Dartmouth, UPenn, Brown, Princeton, and Cornell

introduce yourself and tell us
- which Ivy League(s) you are applying to
- which A Levels / APs / Dual Enrollment Courses you have taken
- intended subject
- where you are from

good luck! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i’ll go first then lmao.

i’m applying to: harvard, yale, princeton, and columbia

my subjects: english, history, sociology, and economics

intended subjects: history and international relations or polisci maybe
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
i'm just applying to Harvard and Yale (in addition to my UCAS choices)
i do IB and i'm intending to study English/Comparative Literature and Romance Languages
i'm British but living abroad
Reply 3
Original post by dawnysaur
i’ll go first then lmao.

i’m applying to: harvard, yale, princeton, duke, stanford, and columbia

my subjects: english, history, political science, sociology, and economics

intended subjects: history and international relations or polisci maybe

where are you from? if you're from the UK, are you at all concerned about the culture shock?
Original post by pitachip
good morning fellow students and applicants - welcome to the Ivy League 2021 entry applicants thread!
the Ivy League schools include - Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Dartmouth, Stanford, UPenn, Brown, and Cornell

- intended subject
- where you are from

- I'm applying to Harvard, Columbia, Stanford and UPenn
- I have taken A Levels: Economics, Maths, French and Spanish
- My intended subject is economics
-I am from Spain
Reply 5
the Ivy League schools include - Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Dartmouth, Stanford, UPenn, Brown, and Cornell

- intended subject
- where you are from

hello!
- I am applying to Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Dartmouth, UPenn, and Cornell (along with my UCAS choices)
- I’ve taken all dual enrollment classes
- I am from the U.S.

:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by carlaruano
- I'm applying to Harvard, Columbia, Stanford and UPenn
- I have taken A Levels: Economics, Maths, French and Spanish
-I am from Spain

my intended subject is economics too! are you applying EA/REA/ED to any of the Ivy Leagues?

- intended subject
- where you are from

Stanford isn’t an Ivy.

The 8 Ivy League schools are: Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, UPenn, Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth
my intended subject is economics too! are you applying EA/REA/ED to any of the Ivy Leagues?

I applied EA to Harvard. What about you?
my intended subject is economics too! are you applying EA/REA/ED to any of the Ivy Le

hello!
- I am applying to Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Dartmouth, UPenn, and Cornell (along with my UCAS choices)
- I’ve taken all dual enrollment classes
- I am from the U.S.

We are applying to nearly the same universities! What are your UCAS choices?
Reply 10
I applied EA to Harvard. What about you?

I applied EA to Harvard too! My interview is tomorrow! What made you chose Harvard? :smile:
Reply 11
We are applying to nearly the same universities! What are your UCAS choices?

My UCAS choices are
- Kings College London
- University College London
- London School of Economics
- University of Edinburgh
- and... the amazing University of Cambridge

that’s so cool we are applying to a lot of the same schools! what are your ucas choices?
My UCAS choices are
- Kings College London
- University College London
- London School of Economics
- University of Edinburgh
- and... the amazing University of Cambridge

that’s so cool we are applying to a lot of the same schools! what are your ucas choices?

I am applying to University College London, London School of Economics and King's College!! I have already applied to these! Have you applied?
It would be great if we could be in contact to talk about this!!
I applied EA to Harvard too! My interview is tomorrow! What made you chose Harvard? :smile:

Good luck!!!
Reply 14
I am applying to University College London, London School of Economics and King's College!! I have already applied to these! Have you applied?
It would be great if we could be in contact to talk about this!!

I have already applied too! Shoot me a direct message and maybe we can facetime/text or something!
Original post by siena27
where are you from? if you're from the UK, are you at all concerned about the culture shock?

it’s just a backup in case i don’t get into oxford. i’m a bit worried about the life there, especially the handsy frat boys part, but i suppose i’ll manage.
Applied ED to the University of Pennsylvania
A-Levels: Predicted 4*
Intended Subject: Undecided
From England, Living Abroad
Reply 17
Original post by dawnysaur
it’s just a backup in case i don’t get into oxford. i’m a bit worried about the life there, especially the handsy frat boys part, but i suppose i’ll manage.

Harvard and several other U.S. schools have a <1% greek life participation rate - so if you’re worried about fraternity guys, it’s fairly easy to find universities that do not host fraternities and sororities.
Greek life participation rates can be found on the university’s “student life” profile on U.S. News and World Report
(edited 3 years ago)
Harvard and several other U.S. schools have a <1% greek life participation rate - so if you’re worried about fraternity guys, it’s fairly easy to find universities that do not host fraternities and sororities.
Greek life participation rates can be found on the university’s “student life” profile on U.S. News and World Report

yes god pls
India CBSE applicant
Class 10 : A1,A1,A2,A2,B1 in Maths,Science, SocialScience, English and Sanskrit (sad ik)
Class 12 : A1 A1 A1 A1 A1 predicted in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science and English

In addition to this I’ve been very active in Kaggle competitions which attract people from all levels ( undergrad, professionals, academics) for data science and AI projects and I have fairly good positions on several as I have mentioned in my PS and scientific conference associated competitions (NeurIPS, ECCV, etc very popular cs conferences) as well. (these comps were associated with Google, Stanford, CMU, OpenAI, Lyft, Computer Vision Companies, the likes and I recieved sub 50 or 100 rank in ones with nearly >2000 participants)
In competitive programming, I have a good score on INOI second stage in India for International Olympiad in Informatics qualifying for Asia Pacific Informatics Olympiad and good score on USACO Gold last year as well(2019). I have qualified for google codejam round 2 this year and facebook hackercup round 3, master on Codeforces.

Just received word that I am not even invited for Cambridge maths interview :frown: and many users here including myself believe that it might be cause of how intensively my past achievements(and possible motivations conveyed in PS too?) were focussed on CS. I did mention that maths course is appropriate for me because of how broad and deep the syllabus was and how it would help me gain a deep foundational perspective but I guess they are just more interested in keeping to the traditional maths applicants.
Pinning my hopes on MIT, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, Stanford, Caltech, Berkeley, CMU, UCLA (first options) and some others.
Would appreciate any opinions on how to portray myself in my essays better or generally improve my app :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply