The Student Room Group

Changing university

Hi

I am in year 2 semester 1 of 3 years Bachelors degree. I am considering changing course to different university .

If other University accepts me in semester 2 of year 2 , will Student Finance England transfer my Tuition fee to new University ?

Please advise as I have no means to pay my own tuition fee.

Thanks
Original post by Skp_
Hi

I am in year 2 semester 1 of 3 years Bachelors degree. I am considering changing course to different university .

If other University accepts me in semester 2 of year 2 , will Student Finance England transfer my Tuition fee to new University ?

Please advise as I have no means to pay my own tuition fee.

Thanks

Hi, if you are transferring then the first university will be able to claim up to 25% of the fee, if they do claim 25% then the new university will only be able to take 75%. You will need to ask the university to contact us to transfer the application.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Thanks.
Original post by Skp_
Thanks.

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 4
Hi , if new university will only be able to claim 75% , then will I be made to pay rest 25% myself ?! Or there will be no 25% as I will joining 2nd university late ?

Thanks
Original post by Skp_
Hi , if new university will only be able to claim 75% , then will I be made to pay rest 25% myself ?! Or there will be no 25% as I will joining 2nd university late ?

Thanks

If your old university don't take 25% of the fee then your new university can take 100%. You need to see how much of the fee your old university are taking and how much fee the new university require.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Isaac
If your old university don't take 25% of the fee then your new university can take 100%. You need to see how much of the fee your old university are taking and how much fee the new university require.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you very much. It’s been sorted. New university will claim 75% .
Original post by Skp_
Thank you very much. It’s been sorted. New university will claim 75% .

Perfect, glad to hear it's been sorted. I hope you have a great weekend and good luck with your studies :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by SFE Isaac
Perfect, glad to hear it's been sorted. I hope you have a great weekend and good luck with your studies :smile:

Thanks , you too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending