Want more information about this university?
Rainbowpink1999x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hii everyone,
im looking for honest opinions on the Uni of Manchester please.
Manchester as a city I love, I know this from visiting friends etc that currently attend there.
However, they have had bad experiences with the chemistry department there which is what id like to study there? there's 3 students I know who study there that don't recommend it and one of them even changed courses.
I also keep seeing them in the news for how they're treating their students throughout this pandemic and apparently all the online teaching isn't good and they're not very accommodating.
Was wondering if anyone else could add their honest opinions on this please?because if i didn't know about my friends experiences, uni of manchester would probably be my firm choice but now I'm wondering if its better for me to apply to man met or a different uni instead?
obviouslt no disrepect to the uni id just like some honest opinions
Last edited by Rainbowpink1999x; 2 months ago
tblll
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm in a different faculty, so I can't speak to the specifics of chemistry but I am having a horrible time.the tutors are doing their best, but the uni overall has put everybody in an impossible position. the work load is intense, the amount of support is minimal and so many people are struggling.most people on my course live in halls and they've had a uniquely terrible time, but I'm at home and I feel like I've been forgotten about. I have a couple of medical issues that have severely impacted my ability to study and the support has been less than ideal.I wish I had deferred because I regret coming here. I've been nothing but stressed and unhappy since the year started.I don't think most unis are doing a great job though, so I'm not sure I'd let all the bad stories get in the way of your applications.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (107)
63.31%
I don't have everything I need (62)
36.69%

Watched Threads