The Student Room Group

Chemistry A-Level

So currently I am doing English Literature, History, Drama and sociology and I'm currently thinking about dropping sociology and replacing it with Chemistry - but I heard it is a really hard A-Level and taking 4 is meant to be really hard. I was wondering If I'm being too unrealistic and go way over my head. Can someone give me some advice on what to do?
Do you have an idea of what you want to do when you're older?
Reply 2
Original post by RoisinTewkesbury
Do you have an idea of what you want to do when you're older?

I was thinking about doing Law at university
Reply 3
heyy , chemistry is quite a hard a level , it is completely different to the rest of your subjects , if you really like it and are willing to work hard then take it , if you don't need it for Uni i wouldnt recommend doing it
Reply 4
Original post by Spring12321
I was thinking about doing Law at university

does your school offer A level politics , it is AMAZING , it links quite well with your subjects , Politics is a well respected traditional A level , which most unis prefer for a Law degree , its my favourite subject i do bio, history and politics
So currently I am doing English Literature, History, Drama and sociology and I'm currently thinking about dropping sociology and replacing it with Chemistry - but I heard it is a really hard A-Level and taking 4 is meant to be really hard. I was wondering If I'm being too unrealistic and go way over my head. Can someone give me some advice on what to do?

yh i do chem a-level and it is definitely my favourite subject! however it is quite hard, especially if you are doing 4 a-levels. i was doing bio, chem, maths, econ and my grades were quite low so decided to drop econ cos i didn't need it. most unis only want 3 a-levels and it is better to get 3 fab grades than 4 ok grades. and for law, chemistry isn't that relevant but if you really do want to do it go for it ! but personally for the course you want to study at uni there isn't much point. if you really enjoy doing chem you can always do some extra work on the side just for the funsises :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by hibam
does your school offer A level politics , it is AMAZING , it links quite well with your subjects , Politics is a well respected traditional A level , which most unis prefer for a Law degree , its my favourite subject i do bio, history and politics

My school have politics but its only available to this YR 11 when they come to sixth form as the time I joined sixth form they didn't have a politics teacher
Chemistry is a very hard A- level if you aren't correctly prepared for it and it is completely different to all your other subjects. If you are willing to put in the work and genuinely enjoy it then go for it but if you don't need it then maybe not.:smile: Good luck in the future!
Quick question is there a reason you’re doing 4 A-levels instead of 3? Could you perhaps just drop sociology and do an EPQ or something next year? I do A-level chemistry and it is hard work and you’ve got to love it to do well. It would definitely be difficult to catch up with work from September to now.
Reply 9
My school have politics but its only available to this YR 11 when they come to sixth form as the time I joined sixth form they didn't have a politics teacher

thats a shame , do you not like sociology?? , you could drop it , it would allow you to focus on the others , youre doing quite content heavy. essay based subjects , history is killing me right now 😭, doing 4 a levels doesnt give you an advantage to people who do 3 , so focus on your other subjects to get the best grades

Quick Reply

Latest