AndreaShibu
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm in year 12 and I'm taking Biology (AQA), Chemistry (OCR A), Psychology (AQA) and Core Maths AS (OCR)
Anyone got any tips on how I should be spending my time right now and tips with studying and revision because I'd like to get A*AA + A for core maths.
Anything would be highly appreciated )
c1student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by AndreaShibu)
I'm in year 12 and I'm taking Biology (AQA), Chemistry (OCR A), Psychology (AQA) and Core Maths AS (OCR)
Anyone got any tips on how I should be spending my time right now and tips with studying and revision because I'd like to get A*AA + A for core maths.
make sure you keep up to date with all your notes and are continually consolidating! you'll smash it tho!
biology a-level (aqa) is really interesting but make sure from the start you do lots of practice questions as even if you know your stuff the mark scheme is sooooo specific so get to know how they want you to answer the question (ik its a drag)
anon033
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by AndreaShibu)
I’m in year 13 doing ocr bio and aqa psych. Predicted As and Bs but this is what I found to work.
For biology, keep up to date with your notes to start off with. Make revision notes ASAP while you still remember relevant detail for the topic and understand the content. Condense it to a quizlet or cue cards or studyblue etc and maybe try a Seneca to ensure you’ve covered the topics. Print off the spec and literally tick things off that you’ve done so you cover every point. Physicsandmaths tutor is great for practice questions as mark schemes are so specific in wording. Even spelling too, I lost marks in my last paper for misspelling a word to how the examiner wanted it.
Psychology is easier to understand in comparison with bio, but is still very content heavy too. Again, make the notes, cue cards, talk topics through, practice questions on tutor2u and simply psychology. I found psych to be my strongest subject but find what works for you.
Finally, get some folders. Label them, use them well, put sheets in them to review stuff, store notes and practice questions etc. Organise it. Don’t let it get on top of you and just take it bit by bit. If you leave it to the end it’ll get overwhelming and make it harder to revise so try and get into good habits.
The main thing is practice though, looking over notes, active recall, testing yourself all the time. Just because you knew it when it was taught, doesn’t mean a month later you know it in the same amount of detail or can remember it all. Some things you’ll have to memorise, and it’s hard work, but you just have to do it. Consistency is key here.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (1)
100%
No (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed