water_101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
If I want to become a neurosurgeon, should I pick double science or triple science for GCSE I am in Year 9
A.M.C.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi,

You should definitely pick triple science. The content is a little bit more compared to double but it will be more beneficial in the long run, especially if you want to enter the medical profession.
Hope this helps.
c1student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
i don't think it matters acc but triple science would be better as you'll cover all 3
water_101
Rep:
?
(Original post by A.M.C.)
Hi,

You should definitely pick triple science. The content is a little bit more compared to double but it will be more beneficial in the long run, especially if you want to enter the medical profession.
Hope this helps.
Thanks. much appreciated
water_101
Rep:
?
(Original post by A.M.C.)
Hi,

Hope this helps.
Thanks. much appreciated

(Original post by c1student)
i don't think it matters acc but triple science would be better as you'll cover all 3
ok thanks
isabel13x
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
triple science definitely x
Last edited by isabel13x; 10 months ago
water_101
Rep:
?
(Original post by isabel13x)
triple science definitely x
ok
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Picking triple science is advantageous in primarily tackling difficult A level concepts as it’s essentially a continuation. However, isn’t guaranteed an A*/A, this is down to how much work you put in. Double science is less preferable but doesn’t mean it will majorly impact you. The content at AS biology, you pretty much catch up from Triple Science, so either way. There’s not really much excuse.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by water_101)
If I want to become a neurosurgeon, should I pick double science or triple science for GCSE I am in Year 9
Hi!

I took triple science at GCSE and this really came useful when it came to me studying Biology at A level. I didn't really have an interest in another GCSE, which is why I took it in the first place. The only difference between double and triple science is the depth of content in triple.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
water_101
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi!

I took triple science at GCSE and this really came useful when it came to me studying Biology at A level. I didn't really have an interest in another GCSE, which is why I took it in the first place. The only difference between double and triple science is the depth of content in triple.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads