kiki.12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, i just got an email that i am invited to an interview at oxford brookes, but should i be worried? because in the website it says that they dont invite many students to interview. does that mean that they didnt like me much in paper, or they invite everyone who applied for architecture. i really dont knkw should i be happy or kinda worried right now. please help me out
lunarzephyr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kiki.12)
hi, i just got an email that i am invited to an interview at oxford brookes, but should i be worried? because in the website it says that they dont invite many students to interview. does that mean that they didnt like me much in paper, or they invite everyone who applied for architecture. i really dont knkw should i be happy or kinda worried right now. please help me out
hi i dont know abt oxford brookes specifically but i heard that unis in general invite ppl to interview for courses that normally don't (like in your case) because you've got a really good application but mediocre grades so they are considering giving you an offer but just want to see if your personality kind of backs up your application. i hope that was helpful!
kiki.12
Rep:
?
thank you so much😁
hana_mk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also applied for architecture and have been invited to an interview. Not sure why, and my grades all together come to just about higher than their standard offer. I was thinking though, in the last few years OB Architecture has been really popular so maybe its because of that. Just a little more competitive at the moment haha.
kiki.12
Rep:
?
(Original post by hana_mk)
I also applied for architecture and have been invited to an interview. Not sure why, and my grades all together come to just about higher than their standard offer. I was thinking though, in the last few years OB Architecture has been really popular so maybe its because of that. Just a little more competitive at the moment haha.
yeah, I already had my interview and tbh it didn't feel like interview it was more like a chat. i liked it because the teacher was from my town and it was really calm, so yeah. im just now waiting for their response and hopefully an offer. Good luck woth the interview
hana_mk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah, I already had my interview and tbh it didn't feel like interview it was more like a chat. i liked it because the teacher was from my town and it was really calm, so yeah. im just now waiting for their response and hopefully an offer. Good luck woth the interview
Oh that makes me feel a lot better thanks. Good luck with the rest of your process !
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hana_mk)
Hello kiki.12 and hana_mk,

Hope all is well with you! I apologise for the delay in getting back to you regarding the interview. I hope kiki.12 that your interview went well!

In terms of interviews, there may be an interview as a part of your application process depending on the course that you have applied to. The interview I do not believe is because of lower grades, but the subject area or course you apply to. For some courses such as Nursing or Teaching, the Interview is one of the stages within the Admission process. Applicants after completing the application with all of the required documents, are shortlisted and invited for an interview. Once this stage is completed, our Admissions team will contact all applicants with their decision. In the case an Interview is involved in the Application process, will be specified on our website, on the course page, under the "How to apply" section.

So hana_mk I would not worry about it if I were you, as interviews are just a part of some of the admissions processes for some of the courses we offer at Oxford Brookes. Good luck with your interview!!

I hope this information will be of use. If you do have any further questions about the University or student life, please do feel free to ask! I would be more than happy to help!

All the best,

Shaf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (85)
18.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (129)
28.29%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (61)
13.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.07%

Watched Threads