The Student Room Group

Belly piercing again

I got my Belly pierced and I want it to stay in the correct place so it heals right so I want to move it but every time I do it goes back to being at odd angles And it says on google I should avoid fiddling. Should I leave it to heal
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
I got my Belly pierced and I want it to stay in the correct place so it heals right so I want to move it but every time I do it goes back to being at odd angles And it says on google I should avoid fiddling. Should I leave it to heal

If it keeps going on angles I would definitely recommend going back to your piercing or looking at some reviews that person or online as I’m pretty sure a bellybutton shouldn’t be doing that.

Right now just focus on keeping it clean don’t touch it salt water it regularly and where Leveson of things so it’s not agitated
Original post by Blueclueless
If it keeps going on angles I would definitely recommend going back to your piercing or looking at some reviews that person or online as I’m pretty sure a bellybutton shouldn’t be doing that.

Right now just focus on keeping it clean don’t touch it salt water it regularly and where Leveson of things so it’s not agitated

Thank you so much, I’ve now realised the acc piercing is straight but the jewellery is just wiggling around - what if it heals crooked? Sorry I’m a bit stressed lol
Thank you so much, I’ve now realised the acc piercing is straight but the jewellery is just wiggling around - what if it heals crooked? Sorry I’m a bit stressed lol

The Jewellery maybe isn’t the right size for you which could explain why it’s moving around so much, this will also mean that it won’t heal properly most likely.

I definitely recommend that you go back to your piercer message them or something and ask about the moving piercing and if you could perhaps get a smaller piece of jewellery so it moves less.

It seems a little sketchy that they would give you something that moves a lot and I would definitely ask other piercers about it too to get a more professional opinion and maybe consider changing to a different piercer.

Also make sure you use stainless steel jewellery don’t take it out do salt baths daily etc etc

It’s totally understandable to be stressed lol the amount of times I’ve almost cried over a freaking out piercing I’m 100% not gonna judge 😂

If it’s not too personal are you based in the U.K.? If so I know an incredible piercer in wales I would recommend.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Blueclueless
The Jewellery maybe isn’t the right size for you which could explain why it’s moving around so much, this will also mean that it won’t heal properly most likely.

I definitely recommend that you go back to your piercer message them or something and ask about the moving piercing and if you could perhaps get a smaller piece of jewellery so it moves less.

It seems a little sketchy that they would give you something that moves a lot and I would definitely ask other piercers about it too to get a more professional opinion and maybe consider changing to a different piercer.

Also make sure you use stainless steel jewellery don’t take it out do salt baths daily etc etc

It’s totally understandable to be stressed lol the amount of times I’ve almost cried over a freaking out piercing I’m 100% not gonna judge 😂

If it’s not too personal are you based in the U.K.? If so I know an incredible piercer in wales I would recommend.

I think it’s cus I got the inverse belly piercing so it’s upside down maybe that’s why it’s moving so much but yh I think ur right the jewellery isn’t my size but idk if I can change it considering I did it yesterday n I don’t want to get an infection, yhh im based in the uk - I would love to have a piercing recommendation x
I think it’s cus I got the inverse belly piercing so it’s upside down maybe that’s why it’s moving so much but yh I think ur right the jewellery isn’t my size but idk if I can change it considering I did it yesterday n I don’t want to get an infection, yhh im based in the uk - I would love to have a piercing recommendation x

@crystalpointpiercing on Instagram based in wrexham niki is amazing!!!

I’m sure that if you just go into the pierces explain that you think the jewellery is the wrong size that they’ll resize it for you just make sure that you don’t get it too small I would definitely ask some professional piercings for advice first
(edited 3 years ago)

hi babe, so i got my belly pierced this time last year so it's been around a year for my belly piercing, same happened to me, i'd say don't fiddle it try clean it with a saline solution, but i use hydrogen peroxide as it kills off the dead skin and pus, because belly piercing infections are actually so painful, considering i got my industrial (which was the worst healing process ever, like omds over a year and it kills), nipples were the easiest to heal, in like a week and my fav piercing, nose piercing keloids have happened, but healing infections all of that stuff is different for everyone, but i'd say do your best to clean your piercings bc i got really lazy, and belly keloids are acc really painful considering i love to sleep on my stomach, but its honestly such a peng piercing, but even my belly bar looks like its curved but i promise it's totally normal x just let it heal so then after the healing (see how it is for a couple of weeks) and when its healed and isn't sore and doesn't hurt you can always change the bar or get a professional to do it for you hun, but touching piercings is inevitable sometimes you do it without knowing, unless you seriously think somethings wrong maybe go back to ur piercer and ask questions or ask friends with piercings x infections also happen after healing as well depending on how your body reacts to piercings like me i got another bump on my belly with pus but i've cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide, i know claires sells a good like piercing solution to clean piercings, or most places should sell it, if you have anymore q's ask away
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Strawberry_345
hi babe, so i got my belly pierced this time last year so it's been around a year for my belly piercing, same happened to me, i'd say don't fiddle it try clean it with a saline solution, but i use hydrogen peroxide as it kills off the dead skin and pus, because belly piercing infections are actually so painful, considering i got my industrial (which was the worst healing process ever, like omds over a year and it kills), nipples were the easiest to heal, in like a week and my fav piercing, nose piercing keloids have happened, but healing infections all of that stuff is different for everyone, but i'd say do your best to clean your piercings bc i got really lazy, and belly keloids are acc really painful considering i love to sleep on my stomach, but its honestly such a peng piercing, but even my belly bar looks like its curved but i promise it's totally normal x just let it heal so then after the healing (see how it is for a couple of weeks) and when its healed and isn't sore and doesn't hurt you can always change the bar or get a professional to do it for you hun, but touching piercings is inevitable sometimes you do it without knowing, unless you seriously think somethings wrong maybe go back to ur piercer and ask questions or ask friends with piercings x infections also happen after healing as well depending on how your body reacts to piercings like me i got another bump on my belly with pus but i've cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide, i know claires sells a good like piercing solution to clean piercings, or most places should sell it, if you have anymore q's ask away

Wow thank you so much for your reply, I have been putting a plaster on the bar to make it stay in one place is that the wrong thing to do then? And as for everything else thank you so much - I’ve been putting saline solution on a q tip and just rubbing it around the piercing twice a day and just hoping for the best. I hope I don’t get an infection cus that would mean having to tell my parents lmaoo x
so is putting w plaster on it to make it stay in wrong place the wrong thing to do? And what’s ur cleaning routine for ur piercing do u use a q-tip, shot glass or a flannel? xx
Wow thank you so much for your reply, I have been putting a plaster on the bar to make it stay in one place is that the wrong thing to do then? And as for everything else thank you so much - I’ve been putting saline solution on a q tip and just rubbing it around the piercing twice a day and just hoping for the best. I hope I don’t get an infection cus that would mean having to tell my parents lmaoo x
so is putting w plaster on it to make it stay in wrong place the wrong thing to do? And what’s ur cleaning routine for ur piercing do u use a q-tip, shot glass or a flannel? xx

aaww it's all good girl, i love giving advice and helping out, honestly the plaster sounds good, i don't think anything will happen if you don't keep the plaster on, because ur belly is still healing i'm sure the bar just looks a bit weird and it looks curved but when you stand up it's straight, even with the infection if you don't feel comfortable telling your parents then don't even stress it you can always book an appointment at your local doctors, go to a pharmacy like boots or drugs and ask for some tips etc, but even when my belly gets infected i deal with it by myself and infections normally go on their own because your body is fighting against the infection, maybe don't do the plaster method too many times because it won't really make that much of a difference, but i'd say give it time to heal and then if it doesn't seem normal then change the bar or go back to ur piercer and ask, and look at some google images, my cleaning routine, ngl i got sooo lazy so i kinda stopped, like i clean my piercings here and there, but because i stopped and got lazy recently i ended up getting a keloid on the top of my belly bar and because i have a keloid that's why it doesn't look as straight as normal, but i either use a q-tip and pour some hydrogen peroxide to dry out the dead skin and it like drains all the nasty stuff out from the infection, and then sometimes i use a actual cotton pad and place it on my belly or other piercings, honestly with belly once its healed, the first couple of weeks were sooo painful to sleep on my stomach etc like putting jeans on but once it's healed its honestly so pretty, i haven't taken my bar out though to change it into a even penger one though bc i can't unscrew the top ball lmaaaooooo, but it'll be all goood girl xx don't even worry, just try not fiddle with it too much even though sometimes you simply can't lmaooo like i always touch it but the keloids suck, like it's honestly the worst thing about piercings, but wish you all the best girlieeee x
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest