Darshan!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi I am doing my EPQ on the thermodynamics of a Black hole. Can anyone help me with the sources of getting this information and share any insights that would help me with my EPQ please?
Some of the sources I am considering are
- Interview with teachers and professors of universities
- Lectures off youtube
- Books off iBooks
- Journals and desertions
- Internet sources e.g. wikipedia
- Textbooks
alias12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Darshan!)
Hi I am doing my EPQ on the thermodynamics of a Black hole. Can anyone help me with the sources of getting this information and share any insights that would help me with my EPQ please?
Some of the sources I am considering are
- Interview with teachers and professors of universities
- Lectures off youtube
- Books off iBooks
- Journals and desertions
- Internet sources e.g. wikipedia
- Textbooks
Best advice is to get as many sources as possible that will allow for a debate around (or in this case a direct answer to) the question you are posing - try JSTOR or Google Scholar for easy online academic sources. As long as you are answering the question, the research quality will shine through.
Also, keep track of EVERYTHING - changing circumstances, when you wanted to finish something by vs when it actually happened and reasons for this. Keep on top of planning and make sure you're considering successes and setbacks at every stage - this is ultimately how you pick up the most marks.
Darshan!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by alias12)
Best advice is to get as many sources as possible that will allow for a debate around (or in this case a direct answer to) the question you are posing - try JSTOR or Google Scholar for easy online academic sources. As long as you are answering the question, the research quality will shine through.
Also, keep track of EVERYTHING - changing circumstances, when you wanted to finish something by vs when it actually happened and reasons for this. Keep on top of planning and make sure you're considering successes and setbacks at every stage - this is ultimately how you pick up the most marks.
Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. Quick check 'Keep on top of planning and make sure you're considering successes and setbacks at every stage - this is ultimately how you pick up the most marks.' is this best done via the log book we are being asked to maintain?
alias12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Darshan!)
Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. Quick check 'Keep on top of planning and make sure you're considering successes and setbacks at every stage - this is ultimately how you pick up the most marks.' is this best done via the log book we are being asked to maintain?
Absolutely - I also kept a separate 'planning log' in a word document so I could easily edit this as I went along, and then attached this to the back of the log book
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (207)
57.34%
I don't have everything I need (154)
42.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise