The Student Room Group

Accenture Recruitment 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AJobForMatt
When do you have your AC booked for? I've applied for the same role and I've booked mine for the 3rd of Feb. Trying to figure out what sort of stuff we will actually be doing. Have you managed to find anything about it yet?

booked it for 3rd as well, apart from the stuff in the email they sent I'm not quite sure tbh. I think they'll make us do another test but I doubt it'll be like the immersive VR assessment people have had in the past as it's all online. Do you have experience with programming/coding?
I have a programming background but I don't think that it's a huge requirement that they are looking for and that soft skills will be more important to demonstrate during this assessment. How much programming experience do you have? For the technology showcase are you planning on creating a PowerPoint for it and have you chosen your topic for it yet? I was thinking of either doing AI or blockchain/distributed ledger for mine.
Reply 82
for those who still haven't heard back on their application for consulting, do we still have a chance?
I have a programming background but I don't think that it's a huge requirement that they are looking for and that soft skills will be more important to demonstrate during this assessment. How much programming experience do you have? For the technology showcase are you planning on creating a PowerPoint for it and have you chosen your topic for it yet? I was thinking of either doing AI or blockchain/distributed ledger for mine.

I have 0 experience with programming 😬
They said it's just a 10 min discussion and said not to prepare any PowerPoint so I'll just take notes I guess. Haven't decided on a topic yet
Original post by rahsain
They said it's just a 10 min discussion and said not to prepare any PowerPoint so I'll just take notes I guess. Haven't decided on a topic yet

I'm sure as long as you demonstrate you have a passion for technology and enjoy learning you should be okay. I think that even if this role does do programming it won't be a lot and I believe that technical skills are easier to pick up compared to soft skills.

I'm just nervous on the activities we'll be doing since it's all a bit unknown and I can't find anything about it online. Will just have to make sure I impress them in the showcase and the interview.

What did you study for your undergrad?
I'm sure as long as you demonstrate you have a passion for technology and enjoy learning you should be okay. I think that even if this role does do programming it won't be a lot and I believe that technical skills are easier to pick up compared to soft skills.

I'm just nervous on the activities we'll be doing since it's all a bit unknown and I can't find anything about it online. Will just have to make sure I impress them in the showcase and the interview.

Chem eng, you?
Original post by rahsain
Chem eng, you?

I did software development for my undergrad
Reply 87
Original post by rahsain
Hi, congrats on passing the AC. I've got the AC in about a weeks time and was wondering how it went for you. What sort of activities did you have to do? Was there any interviews you had to do also? Any tips and advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Although I didn't write this this was basically my experience:

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Interview/Accenture-Analytics-Graduate-Scheme-Interview-Questions-EI_IE4138.0,9_KO10,35.htm

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 88
Just got an email saying:

We are pleased to confirm we will be running more assessment centres from mid-February to late-March.
[snip]
If successful, you will then be invited to an assessment centre in February - March 2021.

By successful it refers to if you are successful in passing the online tests. The email itself does not specify whether you did pass the test or not.

What role did you apply for?
Original post by rahsain

Original post by Hellomoto12345

I applied for the technology architecture role. Have you applied for a role?
Reply 92
Original post by rahsain

How come you didn't apply to consulting? Tech architecture is such a programming based programme. I did chem eng too btw
Original post by G.Rai
How come you didn't apply to consulting? Tech architecture is such a programming based programme. I did chem eng too btw

Are you currently working for Accenture? I applied for tech architecture since I want to enter the tech field and I've heard you don't really need to know programming before, as long as you're willing to learn its fine.
Reply 94
Original post by rahsain
Are you currently working for Accenture? I applied for tech architecture since I want to enter the tech field and I've heard you don't really need to know programming before, as long as you're willing to learn its fine

No I applied to strategy consulting and was curious to why you applied to tech architecture because it sounds very technical whereas consulting is more open to other programmes, but each to our own.
Reply 95
anyone hear back for the Accenture Summer Internship?, Applied back in late November but still have heard nothing
Reply 96
Has anyone been at the AC for strategy consulting yet?
Reply 97
Original post by juliazm
Any update? I did my online test for the consulting role on the 21st Dec, still waiting to hear back.

haven't heard from them yet, wbu?
Reply 98
Looks like I’ve missed it but the HR talent accelerator doesn’t seem to have opened this year and still states to register interest for 2021-2022 would that be this years cycle (starting sept 2021 onwards) or next (and the dates are for the application rather than the role)?
Reply 99
Original post by isey_1
Looks like I’ve missed it but the HR talent accelerator doesn’t seem to have opened this year and still states to register interest for 2021-2022 would that be this years cycle (starting sept 2021 onwards) or next (and the dates are for the application rather than the role)?

I applied for a role in Oct 2020. The start date for that role is listed as Feb 2022 and the title is "Analytics Graduate Programme 2021-2022". Maybe yours will be something similar, if and when they do open that particular scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending