The Student Room Group

Should i tell work i have covid?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by floatyboaty
i asked to see if anyone could give me any reason - when nobody is reading in context when ive wrote

We did give you a reason, perhaps you're too stubborn to see that we are telling you to call them. It legit won't hurt you if you tell them will it? It'd have more of a harmful effect if you didn't tell them.
okay, but I still don't get why you're refusing to call them. it's better to let them know, even if they don't do anything about it.
Original post by Annonymousexx
We did give you a reason, perhaps you're too stubborn to see that we are telling you to call them. It legit won't hurt you if you tell them will it? It'd have more of a harmful effect if you didn't tell them.

What? i see that you are telling me to call them, im asking for a REASON, you know, a justification as to why? calling them has no point as far as im concerned. I dont need to self isolate any longer, and i dont need to tell anyone else to self isolate as i havent been in contact with them.
Original post by floatyboaty
What? i see that you are telling me to call them, im asking for a REASON, you know, a justification as to why? calling them has no point as far as im concerned. I dont need to self isolate any longer, and i dont need to tell anyone else to self isolate as i havent been in contact with them.

Because it's the LAW
Original post by Annonymousexx
Because it's the LAW

LMAO
ive never said i wont call them - im just looking for a reason that I can give them for calling. Itll be hella awkward to just say hi i have covid, yes i know this changes nothing ok bye
Please just call them or if you aren’t comfortable, get a parent or someone you live with to call on your behalf. I know you said you haven’t been into work since you got covid but legally you are required to tell them. Also it’s just a genuinely decent thing to do, just in case. At least you will have peace of mind that you’ve done the right thing and you have avoided putting anyone at further risk.

Also you may get sick pay from work! So that’s always a bonus haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending