The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Anyone applied for archaeology at Durham?

There’s probably not loads of us but anyone else applied to Durham for archaeology? I’ve applied for archaeology of the historic world and I’m predicted A*AB

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I applied for BSc Archaeology, I'm an EU student from Germany so my stats won't make sense to you. But it's nice to meet a fellow archaeology applicant!!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
I’ve applied for the same course! I’m predicted AAB:smile:
Original post by mz025
I’ve applied for the same course! I’m predicted AAB:smile:

Have you heard anything back yet? I'm getting kind of anxious. Durham is my top choice.
Reply 4
Original post by Veronica_CA
Have you heard anything back yet? I'm getting kind of anxious. Durham is my top choice.

Nope, i’ve had 2 acknowledgment emails but that’s it. I only applied on Thursday but I’ve heard back from 3 of my other options. What college did you apply to? x
Original post by mz025
Nope, i’ve had 2 acknowledgment emails but that’s it. I only applied on Thursday but I’ve heard back from 3 of my other options. What college did you apply to? x

Where else did you apply :smile:? I applied for Castle, although I don't know how high are the chances of getting allocated. I have received 2 offers so I guess that's good news.
Reply 6
Where else did you apply :smile:? I applied for Castle, although I don't know how high are the chances of getting allocated. I have received 2 offers so I guess that's good news.

I did an open- couldn’t choose! I’ve applied for 2 courses at Leicester which I received offers for about 10 minutes ago, Winchester for Medieval History (have an offer) and i’m now waiting on Cardiff for Med History and Archaeology, and Durham!
Reply 7
Hi, I applied for BSc Archaeology, I'm an EU student from Germany so my stats won't make sense to you. But it's nice to meet a fellow archaeology applicant!!!

Oh cool have you applied to other Uk unis?
Original post by Daniel0988
Oh cool have you applied to other Uk unis?

Yes! I also applied to Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle and Cambridge. They sadly don't offer any bsc Archaeology courses in Germany so I decided to go abroad. I already have offers from Exeter and Liverpool. Which college did you apply to?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Yes! I also applied to Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle and Cambridge. They sadly don't offer any bsc Archaeology courses in Germany so I decided to go abroad. I already have offers from Exeter and Liverpool. Which college did you apply to?

I applied to castle!
I applied to castle!

Omg, me too! is Durham your first choice? Maybe we will see each other there
Reply 11
Omg, me too! is Durham your first choice? Maybe we will see each other there

Maybe! Durham is my second choice my first is Edinburgh if I get an offer
Maybe! Durham is my second choice my first is Edinburgh if I get an offer

I'm not sure if Cambridge or Durham is my first choice, but thats a problem for later on. I have to get offers first 😅
Reply 13
I'm not sure if Cambridge or Durham is my first choice, but thats a problem for later on. I have to get offers first 😅

Fingers crossed! Have you heard from Newcastle yet?
Fingers crossed! Have you heard from Newcastle yet?

Nope, did you also apply there?
Reply 15
Nope, did you also apply there?

Yeah I did for ancient history and archaeology!
Yeah I did for ancient history and archaeology!

Ah cool! Where else have you applied?
Reply 17
Ah cool! Where else have you applied?

Exeter,Durham, Newcastle and Edinburghx2
Reply 18
Just received my offer if that’s any help!
Original post by mz025
Just received my offer if that’s any help!

Congrats!!! Now I am starting to get nervous, hopefully soon we will also hear back
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending