The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Most sociable accommodation

What is the most sociable accommodation at Nottingham Trent? Im applying for 2021 entry. Any you would recommend!
Original post by hargent18
What is the most sociable accommodation at Nottingham Trent? Im applying for 2021 entry. Any you would recommend!

They're all sociable in different ways. Byron and Gill St South are usually said to be the most sociable, but that's because everyone's out all the time. There's no common rooms at any of the city centre halls, so they're full of sociable people but it's more difficult to meet the people living there - made worse by how it's all self-contained flats so you have to be invited in if you want to visit another block or flat.

Sandby is essentially long corridors of en-suite rooms that share kitchens, so you have access to meet more people and therefore it's more sociable. There's no common rooms or anything, but the kitchens act similarly to them.

Maltings and Meridian have a new residence life programme happening that exists to connect students and help them meet more people, as well as having more free events and activities available. I lived in Byron during my degree at NTU, but if I were to choose again now I'd take Meridian Court or The Maltings (you can also bring a car to these which is a huge plus). These two also have common rooms that have just been refurbished and they look amazing, and because of this these two always have the best and strongest feeling of community in my opinion
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending