The Student Room Group

My head of Year HATES me.

I know I could potentially be reading this all wrong and he may not hate me but basically;

I think in October, I got a detention for talking during line up when some girl in front of me turned around to tell me something. I nodded and my HoY said my name in front of every single member of staff, every year group and called me to front and shouted at me. He gave me a detention in the end.
I nearly cried but nahhh

The next day he called me up in front of my entire year group and asked to see my planner. He flicked through but I had 0 sanctions and he just shrugged and told me to go back to the line.

Then he forgot all about me, and he started picking on my best friend giving her detentions but usually not in front of everyone, he would just single her out when walking to lessons.

Then 2 weeks ago I got put into isolation for LACK OF SOCIAL DISTANCING. When none of the boys social distance and the teachers come right in your face. But fine.

Yesterday he comes up to me and asks to look at my planner during lunch and just flicked through the planner to see I had no sanctions and then proceeded to ask if I do my Homework and pay attention in lessons and that. I just said yeah and replied to his questions. Then he asked me why I got put into isolation and that I know how to behave and he had a go at me saying that I shouldn't be in isolation and I KNOW how to behave, acting like I was perfect. Then he goes on and says that I should sort my life out.

Then today, everyone was talking during line up and my friend was standing behind me and she said something and I was nodding and I said something while everyone else, was having a chat. I made the mistake to look him right in the eye and he was like get your planner up. That shut everybody up. He then again shouted at me in front of all the year groups, all the staff and I nearly cried again BUT YOU KNOW IM NOT THAT MUCH OF A BABY.

He always does it, even when walking down corridors when I go out of my way and say Good morning he says it so rudely, so when I decide not to he decides to have a shout?

I have no idea, am I really misinterpreting the situation?
That's completely unreasonable

Teachers shouldn't even shout anyway, unless you're doing something dangerous. Likewise, telling you off in front of the entire year is insane. You can't be told off for not saying good morning either! Talk to another teacher/ pastoral (or your version of pastoral, like student services or guidance or whatever it's called in your school)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
That's completely unreasonable

Teachers shouldn't even shout anyway, unless you're doing something dangerous. Likewise, telling you off in front of the entire year is insane. You can't be told off for not saying good morning either! Talk to another teacher/ pastoral (or your version of pastoral, like student services or guidance or whatever it's called in your school)

Thank you! I am going to see when he next does it, as soon as he does I am getting my dad in school because I have spoken to my Headteacher and she listened but didn't do anything!

I know he has favorites because when certain girls talk he smiles and lets them off. Or in corridors at lunch and stuff he stops by them, has a chat. He calls them into his office to tell them how amazing they are, asking about their day etc. Also he does PE so when some people are not playing he gets in a mood, but he can speak to these group of girls for an entire lesson no problem so they don't do any work. It is 100% not logical.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending