Regarding Danipro university

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
RossiM
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kalsi1234)
Thanks,
You will get your acceptance letter soon.
Good luck
Thank you love x
Sarahp2000
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Good luck everyone! I had a bad time at Dnipro and left after my first semester I hope for your sake they've improved since then but honestly I doubt it.
Kalsi1234
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Sarahp2000)
Good luck everyone! I had a bad time at Dnipro and left after my first semester I hope for your sake they've improved since then but honestly I doubt it.
Oh ! Really?
Kinghhfduj
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
why was it bad and how bad was it. what did u not like.
couerdelion
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
And yet 6 months ago you were saying you were going to go but decided not to bother?
Kinghhfduj
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by couerdelion)
And yet 6 months ago you were saying you were going to go but decided not to bother?
so ur saying its a fake comment cus I noticed that with one account on one of these treads and same account like 3 years ago was saying he or she was deciding to go but it was this and that and then later on same guy was saying the same thing so u never know.
couerdelion
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I dunno - I'm not exactly CSI, but saying in late July 2020 that they were going to apply but family in Kiev told them to go there instead, to 6 months later saying they left after the 1st semester. With other various threads around July 2020 disparaging the place, it seems unlikely they decided to go (only 6 weeks or so to apply for a Sept start). Also, anyone who sticks up for the place seems to get told they're in the pay of an agency... seems like a kettle and pot situation to me.

Just for disclosure - I've applied and been accepted after doing my own research. It suits my own needs much better than some alternatives which were also considered. I applied through Medlink. I am more than likely to have some kind of unconscious bias towards Dnipro/Medlink due to this (although if I'm aware is it unconscious?).

I'm not employed nor receive any money/thanks/birthday cards from Medlink nor Dnipro, nor any other agency (although I would say that! but you can search my other posts)

There are other alternatives to Dnipro that are excellent.
Kinghhfduj
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by couerdelion)
I dunno - I'm not exactly CSI, but saying in late July 2020 that they were going to apply but family in Kiev told them to go there instead, to 6 months later saying they left after the 1st semester. With other various threads around July 2020 disparaging the place, it seems unlikely they decided to go (only 6 weeks or so to apply for a Sept start). Also, anyone who sticks up for the place seems to get told they're in the pay of an agency... seems like a kettle and pot situation to me.

Just for disclosure - I've applied and been accepted after doing my own research. It suits my own needs much better than some alternatives which were also considered. I applied through Medlink. I am more than likely to have some kind of unconscious bias towards Dnipro/Medlink due to this (although if I'm aware is it unconscious?).

I'm not employed nor receive any money/thanks/birthday cards from Medlink nor Dnipro, nor any other agency (although I would say that! but you can search my other posts)

There are other alternatives to Dnipro that are excellent.
same here but I have decided to do first year online to save on costs and if u want we can chat on insta my insta is z_m0987
keepmat
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kinghhfduj)
same here but I have decided to do first year online to save on costs and if u want we can chat on insta my insta is z_m0987
You know I have been pondering whether to join the 1st year and do 3 years online. Then 3 years on campus.
Issue is I just cannot get hold of any evidence to say folks have completed a MD in medicine at Dnipro AND are now fully working doctors in the UK? Seems to be a little hush as if its not been achieved.
catherine south
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by keepmat)
You know I have been pondering whether to join the 1st year and do 3 years online. Then 3 years on campus.
Issue is I just cannot get hold of any evidence to say folks have completed a MD in medicine at Dnipro AND are now fully working doctors in the UK? Seems to be a little hush as if its not been achieved.
Dnipro is offering online studies, and i know many Students who have done the first 3 years online. They say it was okay but a little tough, they had to work really hard on their own. So my advice is if you can come to campus then come because it’s a better experience and opportunity to learn more with doctors and students
Lady_Nini
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone.

I am checking my options to apply for medical school and I came across with dnipro medical institute. I am already a graduated in pharmacy, so I am considering applying for the 4year program instead a 6 year program, considering that I am already 35 years old.
I have been doing some research about dnipro, but honestly there is not much information, specially about students that already graduated. So, at this point, I am not sure if I should choose for a safer option in a European university than this one at dnipro.

Are you able to help me about the following:

- If I choose to the the 3rd year online ( I am working and I need to support myself), how are the online classes? Do you have practices? How can online students cope with that?

-How is the level of teaching? Do you have kind of "homework" where you need to do research and present to the teachers? Do you have exams that are not only krok? I want to choose a medical degree where I learn and I will be well prepared to treat and see patients and where you can also have opportunity to be chosen after your specialization.

-Do you have any support from the teacher if you choose to do your clinical rotations in other country? Do you have classes during the clinical years?

-Do you know people that actually graduated at dnipro medical institute and are actually practicing/doing a specialization or are they just working in research? (it may happen that people that graduate at some schools do not have license to actually practice as a doctor). I cannot find information about previous graduates.

-Do you have the opportunity to be involved in research? It is quite important to build your cv as medical doctor.

-I also checked if there are partnerships with other universities, if they give workshops, conferences, but found nothing about it. What are the possibilities?

I apologize for all of these questions, this a dream that I would like to reach, but I think is also important to have all the information I can before making a decision.

Thank you very much!
apna_sapna
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mxspk)
Hey Kam, I’m going to be studying online and then either UK placement if I find it or dnipro. A friend of mine has done her degree in dnipro, so I know it’s a decent university. Feel free to message me if you wanted to connect before starting? Also I went through medlink
Hey, Mxspk - that's good to know! Your friend got their GMC registration without much trouble then ? And kindly tell how useful were Medlink to you throughout the course ?
apna_sapna
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by catherine south)
Dnipro is offering online studies, and i know many Students who have done the first 3 years online. They say it was okay but a little tough, they had to work really hard on their own. So my advice is if you can come to campus then come because it’s a better experience and opportunity to learn more with doctors and students
Hey catherine south - that's helpful to know. Do you know if those students were given help to prepare for KROK 1 by Medlink ? Are you a current student too ? If so, how are you finding it to be overall ?
apna_sapna
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FemaleBo55)
I will come the following yr! I wonderful if we will be taught the exact same thing in terms of quality of the sessions with regards to face to face and online lessons?
Hey FemaleBo55, you'll be joining DNIPRO as a graduate student in Sept 2022 ?
willbrownfire123
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by keepmat)
yeah tbh i found the same. i was looking into dnipro before i decided on kiev. personally i didn't want to study online which is why i didn't bother applying to dnipro but also i know that the gmc won't recognise online studies outside of the pandemic, so how is dnipro going to offer 3 years online? it all seems a bit strange to me
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Kaalakamaal)
I dont think dnipro is the best option for medicine i have heard and read up about them and feedback that im getting is not really amazing
You're better off going to another country with medical schools that are more established in teaching in English and have bigger communities of British students and graduates (if you want to work in the UK). Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Poland and Romania come to mind.
Rodaia
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Does Egypt offer a graduate entry program for either medicine or dentisry? I'm Egyptian and been told that only private universities provide that and they aren't any of a better choice
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Kaalakamaal)
Yes i agree dnipro dont even give hospital experience
If that's true, it's a pretty big red flag for a medical school.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Thread closed due to age

(Original post by asif007)
If that's true, it's a pretty big red flag for a medical school.
On the previous page the same user claimed they "have heard" that a course does fake medical rotations. Now it appears they "know" that there is no hospital experience at all. Not sure either is the case to be honest.
X
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (23)
17.83%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.03%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.88%

Watched Threads