Shafxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Does anyone have any band 3 or 4 answers for the 12/16 markers in AQA A level Psychology please because I know the AO1/3 but if anyone has any specific advice on the application of AO2/3 and how to structure a grade A psychology essay, I'd really appreciate it as I really don't know what we're supposed to include.
ayana8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey. I do Psych atm (I'm in year 13) so I haven't actually taken my exams yet. But, i always try to make sure that each of my AO3 point link back to the title and I always try and include something from issues/debates to evaluate them. For example, when evaluating Ainsworth's strange situation study: "The ‘strange situation’ methodology was designed for individualistic cultures (like us here in the UK) with distinctly different childrearing practices. Using this method in cultures for which it was not designed is an example of an imposed etic. So, Ainsworth’s findings are culturally relative and cannot be generalised across cultures"

In general, my main advice for Band 3/4 answers is to include as much A03 as you can (about 2 thirds of the essay). As well as this, I'd say think about the validity&reliability of the results, if results can be accurately applied to real-world settings and if applicable (e.g. when evaluating explanations for OCD) then I would also compare these explanations to other approaches. Is it biologically deterministic or reductionist, does it ignore free will etc.

Hope this helps (?)
Shafxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by ayanal8)
Hey. I do Psych atm (I'm in year 13) so I haven't actually taken my exams yet. But, i always try to make sure that each of my AO3 point link back to the title and I always try and include something from issues/debates to evaluate them. For example, when evaluating Ainsworth's strange situation study: "The ‘strange situation’ methodology was designed for individualistic cultures (like us here in the UK) with distinctly different childrearing practices. Using this method in cultures for which it was not designed is an example of an imposed etic. So, Ainsworth’s findings are culturally relative and cannot be generalised across cultures"

In general, my main advice for Band 3/4 answers is to include as much A03 as you can (about 2 thirds of the essay). As well as this, I'd say think about the validity&reliability of the results, if results can be accurately applied to real-world settings and if applicable (e.g. when evaluating explanations for OCD) then I would also compare these explanations to other approaches. Is it biologically deterministic or reductionist, does it ignore free will etc.

Hope this helps (?)
For 12 markers would I use GRAVE or GRENADE?I'm not sure what I should actually be putting in the essay . Thank you for the help
ayana8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Shafxx)
For 12 markers would I use GRAVE or GRENADE?I'm not sure what I should actually be putting in the essay . Thank you for the help
Hey. Sorry but I have no idea what those are!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (92)
38.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.47%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.65%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.45%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.05%

Watched Threads