chloetongs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm considering the university but is it safe? It's a borough in London with most crime which I get due to being very touristy but is it safe for a student?
University of Westminster
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by chloetongs)
I'm considering the university but is it safe? It's a borough in London with most crime which I get due to being very touristy but is it safe for a student?
Hi there

Most people go about their business completely untroubled by crime or indeed violence in London. As a global capital city London will, like any other big city in the UK (or smaller town) have petty crime. The London Metropolitan Police Service, also known as 'the Met', do an excellent job keeping London among the safest large cities in the world. Below are some tips to ensure you stay safe from petty crime.

Keep valuables safe
Don't carry large amounts of cash around
Our student halls have 24 hour security
Be vigilant and be aware of your surroundings
Don't leave valuable items like bags or laptops unattended
Stick to well lit streets and busier streets

London is a big city with lots of exciting sights to see and things to do. It can be overwhelming at times with very crowded streets, tall buildings and busy roads. In order to enjoy your time in London and remain safe, it is always best to think ahead to ensure yours and your friend’s wellbeing. Whether that’s planning ahead, travelling with a companion or being extra vigilant, it is always important to take steps to stay safe not just in London, but anywhere you go.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Last edited by University of Westminster; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (462)
51.45%
No (436)
48.55%

Watched Threads