The Student Room Group

Is both my first and middle name going to be used throughout the whole of uni?

Hi. So i've put my first name and my middle name down for UCAS on first/given names. Just wanted to know whether I will be addressed including my middle name or if it's just my first name? Gonna be quite annoying if my middle name is gonna be used everywhere e.g. on id. Thanks a lot
Did u put you're Middle name within your First name?
Reply 2
Original post by Afrrcyn
Did u put you're Middle name within your First name?

I listed it straight after, so like (firstname) (middlename)
idk but that's what I did?.. I'm also applying this year!
No worries you can change your name to any thing you like in your registration or personal information page after you enter the university. But they might include your middle name throughout the application as I don't know if ucas allows to change that.

Even some staffs never use their legal name (like Joseph to Joe) on their university emails. So that's very flexible.
Reply 5
Original post by Afrrcyn
idk but that's what I did?.. I'm also applying this year!

oh okay, think i might put my first name in the preferred name section just to be safe...idk tho tbh. Hope someone will be able to answer the question. Good luck with your application!
Reply 6
Original post by megascream
No worries you can change your name to any thing you like in your registration or personal information page after you enter the university. But they might include your middle name throughout the application as I don't know if ucas allows to change that.

Even some staffs never use their legal name (like Joseph to Joe) on their university emails. So that's very flexible.

oh okay i guess i'm relieved now lol tysm
Reply 7
I did this too and it says both my first and middle name on Track... I really hope that they only use my first name. I put my first name in the preferred name section so I don't know if that'll make a difference but I hope it does.
Reply 8
Original post by gp1203
I did this too and it says both my first and middle name on Track... I really hope that they only use my first name. I put my first name in the preferred name section so I don't know if that'll make a difference but I hope it does.

I've gotten a few emails from unis now and they just address me by my first name (dear xxxx) even though I didn't add it for the preffered name section, so for you it should be no problem. However, one of the online portals shows it wheras another doesn't. Someone above did say you can change it during registration though.

Quick Reply

Latest