X the slump god
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm studying Aerospace Engineering at Notts and I wanted to know whether my first year counts?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by X the slump god)
I'm studying Aerospace Engineering at Notts and I wanted to know whether my first year counts?
Best check with your department or registry about mark distribution. Have you looked on the website or asked the course rep?
X the slump god
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Best check with your department or registry about mark distribution. Have you looked on the website or asked the course rep?
i have looked at the website but it's not too clear at least for me. I also asked my tutor and again he didn't really explain it well but thank you for your response!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by X the slump god)
i have looked at the website but it's not too clear at least for me. I also asked my tutor and again he didn't really explain it well but thank you for your response!
Ask registry.
NicoleDV
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m not sure on course specifics and I’m unsure if this is a standardised thing but if its a Bachelors Degree generally 1st year doesn’t count towards your classification and neither does 2nd but they count towards your university transcript and will have a pass mark (usually a D grade of some sort) . 2nd year does however count towards making sure you progress to junior honours (3rd year). Then 3rd year counts a certain percentage towards final year.

I realise this is a really long winded answer but just wanted to share my understanding and my experience with bachelors (if thats what it is you’re studying).
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
My experience of Nottingham is that first year doesnt count but you need to pass it (40%) in order to progress to second year. Second year usually counts a small proportion and third year counts the most. (for me (biology) second year counts 33% and third year counts 66%). Although second and third year might vary in their contributions to your degree classification (or 4th year if youre doing a masters) I'm pretty sure that first year doesnt count to your degree classification for any degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (93)
5%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.12%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (198)
10.65%
Lack of purpose or motivation (262)
14.09%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (82)
4.41%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (107)
5.76%
Loneliness (162)
8.71%
Financial worries (66)
3.55%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (81)
4.36%
Exposure to negative news/social media (88)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (102)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (163)
8.77%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (174)
9.36%

Watched Threads