The Student Room Group

Personal statement

So my tutor doesn’t want to check my personal statement, he’s beefing me over something stupid even though I explained my side of what happened, he refuses to check it. I was just wondering what else I could do? I’ve emailed my head of year and I was told to email my tutor again. I’m not getting anyone from my school to check it as it’s clear something is going on. Where else could I get it checked?
Thanks
Original post by tanyxm.ichaels
So my tutor doesn’t want to check my personal statement, he’s beefing me over something stupid even though I explained my side of what happened, he refuses to check it. I was just wondering what else I could do? I’ve emailed my head of year and I was told to email my tutor again. I’m not getting anyone from my school to check it as it’s clear something is going on. Where else could I get it checked?
Thanks

Can you ask a teacher to review it?
Thanks

You can read it out loud to a family member or friend (or better yet get them to read it out loud) - that's the best way to check that the wording flows and that your grammar isn't "iffy".

You can also submit it in the submitted ps reviews forum for a review from a (trained and vetted) volunteer on TSR - please don't send your PS to strangers
Original post by Hazelly
Can you ask a teacher to review it?

I could definitely try but they’d just ask to me go to my tutor
I could definitely try but they’d just ask to me go to my tutor

Maybe try it and if they don’t then you may need to go further to why they aren’t reading it.

Good luck!
Thanks

Hey @tanyxm.ichaels :biggrin: What courses are you applying to? Do you have any friends that have already went on to university that can now have a read over it maybe? Definitely ask your friends and family to have a look over it too! Ask them to check that everything you say makes sense and has a purpose being there (that you're not wasting your word count on anything essentially!).

I think it could be really useful to let a teacher look at it too so try to follow up with one of your subject teachers as well if you get a chance (e.g. If you want to study Biomedical Sciences ask someone in the Biology department to have a look at it). You could pitch this to them from an angle of "I want your opinion because you have a knowledge of the area I want to study and think it'll be really useful to hear your thoughts"? If your tutor really doesn't want to look at it maybe follow up with your head of year again.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending