Madhatter0102
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, made this group to help others with their doubt on applying to pharmacy. I've applied to Nottingham, Manchester ,kings , Birmingham and Aston.Got offers from all of them. If you have questions or doubt, ask away and I'll try and answer most of them. Use this thread to talk to other 2021 applicants.
rawToast
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Madhatter0102)
Hey guys, made this group to help others with their doubt on applying to pharmacy. I've applied to Nottingham, Manchester ,kings , Birmingham and Aston.Got offers from all of them. If you have questions or doubt, ask away and I'll try and answer most of them. Use this thread to talk to other 2021 applicants.
If you dont mind me asking what were your predicted grades and how long did it take for your offer to come through? Bc I applied to nottingham birmingham and manchester as well
Madhatter0102
Rep:
?
(Original post by rawToast)
If you dont mind me asking what were your predicted grades and how long did it take for your offer to come through? Bc I applied to nottingham birmingham and manchester as well
I should edit my comment. I applied last year. Notts took around 1-2 months.
Manchester is reall quick, took 1-2 days
Birmingham took around 1 month.
Predicted was AAA with GCSE of averge of 6s
rawToast
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I should edit my comment. I applied last year. Notts took around 1-2 months.
Manchester is reall quick, took 1-2 days
Birmingham took around 1 month.
Predicted was AAA with GCSE of averge of 6s
lol it's been three days since ive applied and i still have not received an acknowledgement email from manchester
Madhatter0102
Rep:
?
lol it's been three days since ive applied and i still have not received an acknowledgement email from manchester
Dw, Manchester don't send acknowledgement emails, front the top of my head. I guess it's different this year due to covid. May I ask when did you apply and what is your predicted
rawToast
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dw, Manchester don't send acknowledgement emails, front the top of my head. I guess it's different this year due to covid. May I ask when did you apply and what is your predicted
I applied on 16 Nov and my predicted are AAB
rawToast
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
o also i havent received acknowledgement from birmingham yet. do they send it or not?
Cmaria2002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
o also i havent received acknowledgement from birmingham yet. do they send it or not?
They sent mine after a few days. Got an offer about 2 weeks later
Madhatter0102
Rep:
?
I'm so sorry. Just checked my emails and I did in fact get an acknowledgment email from Manchester and birmigham.
Cmaria2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It took them 1 month to send mine so don't worry
Madhatter0102
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cmaria2002)
It took them 1 month to send mine so don't worry
Hey
I'm guessing you applied to pharmacy. Goodluck with your application ✌🏽
Cmaria2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did Manchester interview you?
Cmaria2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Don't worry! Took a month for me
Anonymous.22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you currently studying pharmacy if so how are you finding it?
rawToast
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm so sorry. Just checked my emails and I did in fact get an acknowledgment email from Manchester and birmigham.
i just got an acknowledge from manchester but not yet for birmingham
Cmaria2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey
I'm guessing you applied to pharmacy. Goodluck with your application ✌🏽
Yep am! And thanks so much, you too
dreamcatcher158
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, wanted to know what did you write for your personal statement as I’m struggling to start it. Thanks
student4future
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dreamcatcher158)
Hi, wanted to know what did you write for your personal statement as I’m struggling to start it. Thanks
I'd suggest that first make a list of all your qualities and extracurricular activities then look up skills needed for pharmacist then write sentences on how those qualities link to the degree and skill pharmacists need. Make it really personal anecdotes and stuff help!
Madhatter0102
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cmaria2002)
Did Manchester interview you?
Yep they interviewed me.
Madhatter0102
Rep:
?

(Original post by dreamcatcher158)
Like student4future said, I'll write a list with all the skills I have. I'll follow the format of

Introduction : why you like pharmacy? What made you choose pharmacy ? (Very brief)

Next para : your scientific knowledge and what you like. So any topics you have enjoyed studying then like that to pharmacy.

3rd para: any work experience and what you have learnt from it. How does the new skill see pharmacy in a different way

4th: conclusion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have the latest Covid-19 announcements affected your decisions about university?

It's complicated, I'll tell you more in the thread... (35)
6.48%
I've decided not to go to university (25)
4.63%
I'm more likely to go to university now (32)
5.93%
I've decided to go to a university nearer to my home town (42)
7.78%
I’m considering different universities (31)
5.74%
I am choosing a more career-related course (36)
6.67%
I am choosing a course based on what I’m passionate about (69)
12.78%
It hasn't changed anything for me (270)
50%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed