Tursiga
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I have my english lit mock next week. I do edexcel. Basically for the exam, we have 2 hours to do a question on dracula and othello which is split into an hour each. I have quite a few analysis on othello but absolutely NONE on dracula. IF ANYONE IS STUDYING DRACULA AND HAS QUITE GOOD ANALYSIS OF SOME SORT, PLS COULD YOU LET ME KNOW CUZ I REALLY NEED HELP. I am really scared for the exam and i just dont know how im going to do well. please help, much will be appreciated!!
Vinilla
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Idk I’ve started Dracula from chapter 1 but here is some analysis

Harker is seen to be British from “train was an hour late” which is a British thing to say
Borgopass is path where west goes to Eastern Europe- this means there is a clash between the cultures and the religion
Harker is seen to be orientalist (western attitudes towards the east) to make the west more superior - “the women looked pretty, except when you got near them”
Harker admires the Slovaks -homoerotic - harker becomes more feminine to the east and his masculinity gets more challenged but he is able to express more of himself than when he was in a Victorian society
Disgust to the elderly woman - “almost too tight for modesty”
Takes a cross from the elderly woman even though he is a Protestant - changing religion?
Starting to feel uneasy of superstitions - Identity changing?
Tursiga
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Vinilla)
Idk I’ve started Dracula from chapter 1 but here is some analysis

Harker is seen to be British from “train was an hour late” which is a British thing to say
Borgopass is path where west goes to Eastern Europe- this means there is a clash between the cultures and the religion
Harker is seen to be orientalist (western attitudes towards the east) to make the west more superior - “the women looked pretty, except when you got near them”
Harker admires the Slovaks -homoerotic - harker becomes more feminine to the east and his masculinity gets more challenged but he is able to express more of himself than when he was in a Victorian society
Disgust to the elderly woman - “almost too tight for modesty”
Takes a cross from the elderly woman even though he is a Protestant - changing religion?
Starting to feel uneasy of superstitions - Identity changing?
THANK U SO MUCH, could u pls update me on the analysis down further the chapter you go THANK U!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.1%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.39%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.75%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
27.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.03%

Watched Threads