The Student Room Group

Question Thread // Applying to Oxford, LSE or other Econ Unis with A*AA for 2022

I'm a year 12 Student currently studying Maths, Business Studies and English Literature, and I'm aiming for a top Economics University, such as Oxford or LSE, and I thought maybe asking other Students would be a good start.
I am currently aiming for A*AA in the three subjects, and I'm one grade below my targets right now, (ABB) My GCSEs were an average of 6-7s and I don't really have any redeeming qualities, other than a few ABRSM Piano Grades.
I've been looking at threads here for a bit, and been getting quite depressed over everybody's all 9 GCSEs, and 5 A* Alevel predictions, so is there anything I can do to get into a Top Uni by 2022?
Hi i'm in year 13, i want to study econ at uni as well! well apart from the obvious of working hard and reading ahead, there are still loads of things you can do to help get into a top uni.
First of all, i advise you attend virtual talks about economics, you can even attend taster lectures at the uni you want to apply to. This will help build your personal statement when it comes to year 13. You should also spend time reading books about economics to show your interest in the subject. One thing that i personally think is valuable is an EPQ, this is highly regarded in most universities and some uni's may lower your entry requirement provided you achieve a specific grade. It would be best to write an EPQ that is econ related as well, this shows the university not only your interest but that you are able to carry out thorough research in a topic and use relevant referencing and citations, most students in sixth form don't have this skill so you would gain a competitive advantage.
hope this helps!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending