Infinityyyy.yy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,
I just got a conditional offer from the University of Edinburgh to attend their English Literature course starting 2021. I am extremely ecstatic about this (obviously) but I have a few questions regarding the details as the letter stated the following:
This offer is made on the basis that we consider your fee status on the relevant date to be Overseas/International fee rate. If our assessment of your fee status subsequently changes, then your application may be reassessed and your offer may be withdrawn. Please note this offer is for the MA English Language.

What do they mean by 'fee status on the relevant date to be Overseas/International fee rate.', and does this mean I can't apply for a scholarship? Also I applied for undergraduate and they've said the offer is for MA Eng Lit, while the description of the course on my EUCLID states undergraduate.
What do I do , and who do I email to ask about this? Edinburgh is very....cryptic when it comes to applicant help. (NOT CRITICISING THEM I LOVE UoE. I'm just a very nervous Indian applicant who's over the moon about her offer and doesn't want to mess anything up)
Xx
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Infinityyyy.yy)
Hi,
I just got a conditional offer from the University of Edinburgh to attend their English Literature course starting 2021. I am extremely ecstatic about this (obviously) but I have a few questions regarding the details as the letter stated the following:
This offer is made on the basis that we consider your fee status on the relevant date to be Overseas/International fee rate. If our assessment of your fee status subsequently changes, then your application may be reassessed and your offer may be withdrawn. Please note this offer is for the MA English Language.

What do they mean by 'fee status on the relevant date to be Overseas/International fee rate.', and does this mean I can't apply for a scholarship? Also I applied for undergraduate and they've said the offer is for MA Eng Lit, while the description of the course on my EUCLID states undergraduate.
What do I do , and who do I email to ask about this? Edinburgh is very....cryptic when it comes to applicant help. (NOT CRITICISING THEM I LOVE UoE. I'm just a very nervous Indian applicant who's over the moon about her offer and doesn't want to mess anything up)
Xx
MA is an undergrad degree at Scottish unis, so no worries about that! Their offer basis just means that they have assessed you to be an overseas fee rate applicant, and if that changes then it might change their ability to give you an offer, so they've just got to warn you of that. There will likely still be scholarships available to you as an international student, they're just telling you that if you somehow changed to EU/rUK fee status it could affect your offer.

Congrats on the offer!
Last edited by Interea; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads