therealgabb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
hi,
I’m in year 12 and since I’ve been doing 30 markers, I have gotten scores such as 21/30 and my highest so far is 23/30. I don’t think that they’re outrageously poor scores but I won’t lie, they just aren’t up to my standard.
I’d highly appreciate it if anybody who has taken/ is taking Edexcel A-Level Politics could please give me some tips on how to structure 30 mark questions, so that I can achieve higher than I am currently.
also, does anybody have advice on answering source questions to a reasonably well standard?
thank you
z0351
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by therealgabb)
hi,
I’m in year 12 and since I’ve been doing 30 markers, I have gotten scores such as 21/30 and my highest so far is 23/30. I don’t think that they’re outrageously poor scores but I won’t lie, they just aren’t up to my standard.
I’d highly appreciate it if anybody who has taken/ is taking Edexcel A-Level Politics could please give me some tips on how to structure 30 mark questions, so that I can achieve higher than I am currently.
also, does anybody have advice on answering source questions to a reasonably well standard?
thank you
hey,
im in year 13 - for 30markers i do it thematically (i think thats what its called lol) so I do intro, point 1, counter 1, point 2, counter 2, point 3, counter 3, conclusion (so 6paragraphs plus intro and conc)- and i tend to get close to full marks most times. In each point i try to include 2examples atleast and analyse them. also our teacher recently said to put a mini conclusion sentence after each point, which gets u ao3 marks, i guess to make sure that it links back to the question. Lmk if that doesnt make sense and ill try explain better/with more detail.
For the source qs we have only done one so far so not sure how much help i can be for that, but for the one I did i just used the source as a starting point, it was an extract on codified constitution from the government website, and it had pretty much all the argument points needed - so i just started each paragraph off with something from the source, and then went into analysis and using my own examples like a normal 30mark (got 27/30 in exam). Not really sure about other source questions though as we havent done much yet, sorry.
hope that helps if u hav any other questions im happy to try help answer
therealgabb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by z0351)
hey,
im in year 13 - for 30markers i do it thematically (i think thats what its called lol) so I do intro, point 1, counter 1, point 2, counter 2, point 3, counter 3, conclusion (so 6paragraphs plus intro and conc)- and i tend to get close to full marks most times. In each point i try to include 2examples atleast and analyse them. also our teacher recently said to put a mini conclusion sentence after each point, which gets u ao3 marks, i guess to make sure that it links back to the question. Lmk if that doesnt make sense and ill try explain better/with more detail.
For the source qs we have only done one so far so not sure how much help i can be for that, but for the one I did i just used the source as a starting point, it was an extract on codified constitution from the government website, and it had pretty much all the argument points needed - so i just started each paragraph off with something from the source, and then went into analysis and using my own examples like a normal 30mark (got 27/30 in exam). Not really sure about other source questions though as we havent done much yet, sorry.
hope that helps if u hav any other questions im happy to try help answer
great, thank you sooo much, this is genuinely so helpful and I’ll be sure to come back on this thread if I have any other questions, thanks again!!
l3078
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
For help with a source based question: https://www.studypolitics.co.uk/2020...reduced-to-16/
z0351
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Greta_beecroft)
Hi, I am also a year 13 edexcel politics student and was just reading through threads for tips! I use the same structure as you but rarely get above the low 20s, would you be able to send me some exemplars?
hey, my politics teacher has a website , alevelpolitics.com which has loads of help and example essays on it, so that might help and I'll try find some of mine
JasmineD-O
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by therealgabb)
hi,
thank you
Hi I'm also in year 12, however in politics so far I've never gotten below an A, in my last essay i got 27/30 which is an A*. Personally, I like to use the PEEEL structure (Point, Evidence, Explain, and Evaluate) which works well for me. I do 1 para agreeing with the question, the next paragraph disagreeing and repeat that until I have 4 paragraphs in total (as well as an intro n conc) I also agree that I'd recommend linking back to the question at the end of every paragraph. Hope this helps, and let me know if you need any more info x
Greta_beecroft
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by z0351)
hey, my politics teacher has a website , alevelpolitics.com which has loads of help and example essays on it, so that might help and I'll try find some of mine
thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (363)
84.22%
No (68)
15.78%

Watched Threads