The Student Room Group

Conditional offer but guaranteed room if made firm

Hi
I need some help understanding my offer
I basically got a conditional offer - I didn't get any grade requirement?
And then I get a letter saying that if I make the uni my firm choice then I will be guaranteed a room in halls. I'm actually going to live at home while studying so this offer doesn't really interest me, but what I don't understand is why I haven't got any grade requirement and what does this offer actually mean?
presumably a less competitive university not expecting you to fail and try to attract you at all costs
Original post by Disko0207
Hi
And then I get a letter saying that if I make the uni my firm choice then I will be guaranteed a room in halls. I'm actually going to live at home while studying so this offer doesn't really interest me, but what I don't understand is why I haven't got any grade requirement and what does this offer actually mean?

What exactly does it show on UCAS Track?
Reply 3
Hi

Read carefully what the conditions are. Have you been awarded your grades already? Gap year? letter about accommodation might be an automatic response one.
The uni sounds desperate for you lol
Reply 5
Original post by AndyChow
The uni sounds desperate for you lol

I thought the same thing haha
If its a Conditional offer but has no conditions, then email the Uni and ask them to check/correct it.

PS. Most Unis will guarantee Halls place to all first years so this does sound a bit desperate on their part. Sure you want to go to a Uni that thinks it has to bribe its applicants in such a clumsy way?
I can’t believe that UCAS would accept a conditional offer from a university that didn’t have any conditions. That’s the sort of thing that gets rejected by UCAS when we send it to them.

Either the offer is unconditional or the OP hasn’t looked in the right place on Track
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
I can’t believe that UCAS wouldI accept a conditional offer from a university that didn’t have any conditions. That’s the sort of thing that gets rejected by UCAS when we send it to them.

Either the offer is unconditional or the OP hasn’t looked in the right place on Track

I have looked for the conditions everywhere and it literally doesn't say anything.
I have looked for the conditions everywhere and it literally doesn't say anything.

On Track when you click "View" next to the offer it will show here:
Offerconditions.PNG
An unconditional offer will also show something here (but generally non academic conditions like "send your certificates" or "Complete DBS/OccHealth"
Offerunconditions.PNG

What does it say on track? If you click on your offer, you should get a page like this that lists the conditions:
13FEEE4E-FAA8-45C9-B00C-643A363430A0.png(Just a random example I found on google)

Do you have other offers? Have you managed to find the conditions for them?

FWIW, nearly everywhere will guarantee a room to anyone who firms them - or even to all first years - so that doesn’t need to influence your decision.
Reply 11
Original post by PQ
On Track when you click "View" next to the offer it will show here:
Offerconditions.PNG
An unconditional offer will also show something here (but generally non academic conditions like "send your certificates" or "Complete DBS/OccHealth"
Offerunconditions.PNG

It stll doesn't give me any sort of conditions

What does it say exactly when you click view?

If there’s really nothing there, I’d contact that uni’s admissions to find out what’s happened.

Can you take a screenshot? Just crop out your Personal ID/Name at the top

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending