?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
how did everyone find the paper today?
killerqueen27171
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Average i would say.I lost marks for the last question the root hair cell and the ones after but the rest was ok. I heard alot of people saying they talked about restriction enzyme for the cloning question i am not sure but the enzymes are talked about in genetic modififcation only also the question about FSH and LH i think i got that wrong.There was another question in that same section where they asked us to calculate the number of egg cells a women lost in the years she was menstruating from what i remember she started at the age of 12 and ended at the age of 51 provided that she loses one egg every month.What i did was since it is one egg per month it will be 12 egg per year.She started at the age of 12 and ended at 51 years old i minus the two to get the number of years she was menstruating which is 39 years .So if it 12 eggs a year what about 39 year how many eggs? i multiply 39 and 12 and got 468.
maya xo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
(Original post by killerqueen27171)
Average i would say.I lost marks for the last question the root hair cell and the ones after but the rest was ok. I heard alot of people saying they talked about restriction enzyme for the cloning question i am not sure but the enzymes are talked about in genetic modififcation only also the question about FSH and LH i think i got that wrong.There was another question in that same section where they asked us to calculate the number of egg cells a women lost in the years she was menstruating from what i remember she started at the age of 12 and ended at the age of 51 provided that she loses one egg every month.What i did was since it is one egg per month it will be 12 egg per year.She started at the age of 12 and ended at 51 years old i minus the two to get the number of years she was menstruating which is 39 years .So if it 12 eggs a year what about 39 year how many eggs? i multiply 39 and 12 and got 468.
i talked about the body cell and surrogate mother for the cloning question i don't know if that's right and for the FSH and LH i wrote that fsh releases the mature egg and LH develops the mature egg. For the progesterone one, everyone said they wrote ovary but i wrote placenta idk if that's right. Do you remember what you wrote for the leafy shoot question?
itz.mxmd
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by killerqueen27171)
Restriction enzymes have nothing to do with cloning. Restriction enzymes are used in genetic modification
Here's what I wrote for cloning (6 marks)

Extract nucleus from body cell of mammal being cloned. Enucleate egg cell of another mammal of the same species. Insert the nucleus into the enucleated egg cell and shock the cell using an electrical current to stimulate cell division. Implant the dividing cells in the uterus of a surrogate mother. The cells will grow to become an embryo and eventually be given birth to.
An example of a cloned mammal is Dolly the sheep.
maya xo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
(Original post by itz.mxmd)
Restriction enzymes have nothing to do with cloning. Restriction enzymes are used in genetic modification
Here's what I wrote for cloning (6 marks)

Extract nucleus from body cell of mammal being cloned. Enucleate egg cell of another mammal of the same species. Insert the nucleus into the enucleated egg cell and shock the cell using an electrical current to stimulate cell division. Implant the dividing cells in the uterus of a surrogate mother. The cells will grow to become an embryo and eventually be given birth to.
An example of a cloned mammal is Dolly the sheep.
yes that is exactly what i wrote!! are you sitting the chem paper today?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (3)
42.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (0)
0%
No I am happy with my choice (4)
57.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads