The Student Room Group

Sport science

Hi. I want to do a uni course on sport science but I am unsure if I will manage okay as it is a lot of biology. For A-levels I took Psychology, English Lang, Core maths and Business.

I would just like someone's opinion on sport science who is actually taking it - is it a lot?
Original post by jxnna01
Hi. I want to do a uni course on sport science but I am unsure if I will manage okay as it is a lot of biology. For A-levels I took Psychology, English Lang, Core maths and Business.

I would just like someone's opinion on sport science who is actually taking it - is it a lot?

I don't take it but my cousin does :smile: She did a LOT of biology (her sport science masters was about Cystic Fibrosis) but most unis allow you to tailor your modules according to what you want to do!
Reply 2
I didn't do sport science, but I took the sport science modules in the early years of university. It probably depends on the university, but at mine everyone on a 'life science'/'medical science' stream had to take biology in first year. But you didn't have to have done biology in school. Honestly I found the biology was completely different from school anyway, so it was starting from scratch. There would certainly be a lot of physiology, anatomy and exercise science. Are you interested in biology at all, or what are your main concerns?
Reply 3
Original post by psychhhhh
I don't take it but my cousin does :smile: She did a LOT of biology (her sport science masters was about Cystic Fibrosis) but most unis allow you to tailor your modules according to what you want to do!

Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by phdmed
I didn't do sport science, but I took the sport science modules in the early years of university. It probably depends on the university, but at mine everyone on a 'life science'/'medical science' stream had to take biology in first year. But you didn't have to have done biology in school. Honestly I found the biology was completely different from school anyway, so it was starting from scratch. There would certainly be a lot of physiology, anatomy and exercise science. Are you interested in biology at all, or what are your main concerns?

My main concern is that it is a lot of biology and I will be either behind or find it hard. At GCSE, I got a grade 8 in biology but didn’t take it at A-Level as I was unsure what I wanted to do and thought that it would get more difficult.

I want to do something with sport so either sport science or sport psychology. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending