_.maddz.x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
My school doesn't offer an a-level I really want to do (classics), and no other local schools do either. Is it worth trying to do it independently? Can any independent students please explain what the process is like? And anyone who has done classics comment on whether it is worth it?
tgr2003
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
YES!!! im in yr 13 now and I study classics (not independently) but the content wouldn't be too tedious to learn on your own if you have a good, dedicated teacher! if you did study independently id be more than happy to help
tgr2003
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
YES!!! im in yr 13 now and I study classics (not independently) but the content wouldn't be too tedious to learn on your own if you have a good, dedicated teacher! if you did study independently id be more than happy to help

(Original post by _.maddz.x)
My school doesn't offer an a-level I really want to do (classics), and no other local schools do either. Is it worth trying to do it independently? Can any independent students please explain what the process is like? And anyone who has done classics comment on whether it is worth it?
_.maddz.x
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by tgr2003)
Thank you so much!

I had a chat with a few teachers, I'm thinking of doing an EPQ in it instead since I want to gain some exposure but don't want to take the risk, thank you for the offer though!
hootdoot04
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by _.maddz.x)
Have you considered seeing if you can ‘homeschool’ urself? Soz forgot the word like there’s some good courses online, try oxford home schooling
_.maddz.x
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by hootdoot04)
Have you considered seeing if you can ‘homeschool’ urself? Soz forgot the word like there’s some good courses online, try oxford home schooling
Thank you, I'll look further into Oxford Schooling!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (233)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (180)
43.58%

Watched Threads