Do you like listening to video game music?

Watch
Other_Owl
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Mainly from video games you have played before. It can be in any language as well.
nobodyouknow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sometimes yeah. There are so many good ost's that just vibe really well with me. Usually they won't have any lyrics as well, so you don't get too distracted when you study
THE_BLACK_CAT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Definitely ! Especially the legend of Zelda songs . Those hit differently
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I weirdly like the music from the original version of Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back.

It’s bizarre and totally 90s 16-bit audio but it’s very cheerful sounding and reminds me of being a little kid
TJ1997
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A little, but not really my sort of thing. Some of the Call of Duty soundtracks though were really good.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I love the one in Dota 2.
*****deadness
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah they're amaing. My playlist now has 357 songs. About a third are from video games, and there are many tracks I like but have got around to adding them in yet
MissJennieKim
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes yes yes! especially final fantasyxiv music. Would totally recommend the game with its amazing soundtracks
+ polarity -
Report 1 month ago
Some songs from Sonic/Sonic 2 are just 👌🏾 (I don't really know the games beyond that well lol)

There are also a couple of songs from Unreal Tournament that I keep coming back to.
dardasiya
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes. I randomly get video game songs stuck in my head fairly frequently :music:
So many good tunes! From mario to sonic, from oldies like Loom, Space Quest and Monkey Island to epics like Elder Scrolls / Skyrim Far Horizons, Final Fantasy & Civilization IV. Spotify has a bunch of them you can listen to including some remixes which are fun
MariaHamilton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really like soundtracks from movies, but have not yet come across interesting music in video games. Perhaps there is something interesting in terms of music? However, music is a very important thing for students, as it helps them focus on their studies, it's like advice for writing something inspiring.
Last edited by MariaHamilton; 1 month ago
dardasiya
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MariaHamilton)
I really like soundtracks from movies, but have not yet come across interesting music in video games. Perhaps there is something interesting in terms of music?
Give "Skyrim: Far Horizons" by Jeremy Soule a try - it's film musicy & beautiful
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yea I imagine lots of games have their own favourites, I particular love a lot of the 90s 16 Bit stuff from the Amiga era and it influences a lot of the music I write myself, i'd likely do pretty well in games if i applied myself.
Alesha1991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I like the Last of Us soundtrack.

Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Other_Owl)
Mainly from video games you have played before. It can be in any language as well.
Yes, yes and YEEEEEESSSS!!! again. Zelda, Mega Man, Donkey Kong, Super Mario, etc. I don't care what a game it is, I don't even care whether I have played the game before. When the 8-, 16- or whatever-bit sounds good, I listen non-stop!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (216)
56.54%
I don't have everything I need (166)
43.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed