Study tips📖

Watch this thread
sofia.omar45
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
what are the best ways to study and revise??

mongajuliane
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
do past paper exams it prepares you for the actual paper
SneezyPanda
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey!

I've always found that the first step towards finding the right method of revision for you is to find what sort of learner you are. There are multiple types:
Auditory
Visual
Kinesthetic
Read/Write
Etc.

Do some research into finding out how you best learn and the best styles of revision to compensate for your learning style.

To give you some personal advice, I am a visual learner with a photographic memory (sounds great but can actually be really hard to utilise in the right way). I found that creating visually appealing and detailed notes in my own words combining textbook notes, BBC Bitesize, study websites and my class notes really helped me. Each set of notes would be laid out and decorated differently so I could visualise and differentiate between them in my head. Then the 2 months before my GCSE exams I condensed all of my notes onto coloured co-ordinated flashcards and used the read-cover-write-check method on a whiteboard with each individual flashcard. I ended my GCSEs with 7 Grade 9s and a D*, am predicted 3x A* at A-Level and have applied for Cambridge uni by using this method.

That's to say, give this a try if you think it will work for you but don't if you don't learn this way. What may work for me won't necessarily work for you and you must find your own way of revision to get the grades you want. Good grades come from hard work, not using revision methods that don't fit your personal needs.

GOOD LUCK!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello

This is a list

Flashcards
Mindmaps
Drawings
Notes
Tape recorder
Dances
Role play
Exam questions
Games
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sofia.omar45)
what are the best ways to study and revise??
Hey there! I’m a second year undergrad psychology student.

Everyone’s study techniques are different and personal of what works best for you. I tend to write flash cards and keep going over them so it’s repeated in my memory. However this might not work for you. I suggest maybe trying a few techniques out such as flash card or trying to create information visually.

I hope this helps.

Becca🙂
Last edited by University of Surrey Student Rep; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads