The Student Room Group

Stressed AF en advice plssss

Honestly, the school environment is getting to me

My physics teacher just doesn't care about us and the fact some people are doing terrible.

The rest of the sci department made their students do resits but my teacher was one who made us do topic tests to raise our grade. but it's been really weird.

We've been doing the tests but he doesn't make it clear which ones are important because some seem like short tests at the beginning and today we had one and omg it was one of the worst tests I've had I literally couldn't answer most questions because I had no information (we realised that some questions weren't doable due to lack of info after)

I'm just worried because the rest of the papers we've done I've got 60% on each one and I need to raise my grade from C to a B but this one will **** me over

My head of year (new one) is also being super stingy about upping my predicted grades from BBC-AAB

My philosophy teacher said he would up my grade to an A

My maths teacher, I don't know right now because I only started doing well in year 13 so they might say no from my grade moving to a B to an A which will **** me upppppp (I think I might talk to her at lunch tomorrow because u have to speak to my maths teacher about my ps at lunch anyways and see **** she says and beg)

She was like she would be happy to do ABB but isn’t saying no to AAB but I’m worried because they’re is so little places that do my subject so IDK what I’m going to do if she predicts me ABB Instead of AAB

Everything’s not final but god it’s made me cry multiple times also if she does that my personal statement goes out the window which I’ve worked months on because 4/5 of my universities are AAB and I literally can’t find any other universities that do my course that doesn’t do AAB

I just really want to leave my toxic household and go to my first choice university but it looks it may not happen

She said it's not final and we will have a meeting but it's making me stressed out and not want to work
Reply 1
Hey, sounds like you're going through a pretty tough time right now!

A levels are a pretty stressful time that's for sure, you've just gotta remember that stress is temporary and bad days are always followed by good days.
I understand the frustration with your science teacher, A Levels are mostly about self-study tbh but if you're not getting the adequate support you need then you should definitely talk to him outside of class. In terms of the others, teachers are often quite reluctant to give higher predicted grades as it looks bad on them if most students don't perform as well as expected. Doesn't mean you're not capable in any way! If you explain to them that it's essential for you to be predicted AAB for your choices then I'm sure they'll listen. Again, make sure you approach them and tell them this, I confronted mine when I applied to uni and got my predicted bumped from AAB to A*AA.

Stay positive though, keep thinking about the end goal, it'll be worth it in the end! Feel free to message me whenever if you're stressed out too :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by aadil10
Hey, sounds like you're going through a pretty tough time right now!

A levels are a pretty stressful time that's for sure, you've just gotta remember that stress is temporary and bad days are always followed by good days.
I understand the frustration with your science teacher, A Levels are mostly about self-study tbh but if you're not getting the adequate support you need then you should definitely talk to him outside of class. In terms of the others, teachers are often quite reluctant to give higher predicted grades as it looks bad on them if most students don't perform as well as expected. Doesn't mean you're not capable in any way! If you explain to them that it's essential for you to be predicted AAB for your choices then I'm sure they'll listen. Again, make sure you approach them and tell them this, I confronted mine when I applied to uni and got my predicted bumped from AAB to A*AA.

Stay positive though, keep thinking about the end goal, it'll be worth it in the end! Feel free to message me whenever if you're stressed out too :smile:

Thank you so much I see my maths teacher tomorrow because she's going through my persona statement ill talk to her then but because she's always thinking I'm not being serious and joking she might laugh it off but ill try be as serious as possible to her

Yeah, your right I spoke to my one of my HOY and she said she's on it which makes me hopeful for physics I just want a BBC to an AAB which isn't asking for much and it's pretty annoying considering this is based on mocks and the only grades that moved were philosophy as I'm being predicted the same grade for maths and physics sigh:frown:

But my other HOY said it could be possible to push it to AAB this was when I wanted an AAA but now all my course 4/5 are AAB I really just need that AAB and I'm not asking for much considering. I hope the listen because I've been looking and my course is niche and only a few universities do it and if I have AAB I might have to switch course because of the scarcity and then write a new ps which will probably be terrible because of it being rushed

Thanks though!!!

Quick Reply

Latest